Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 E300D
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my dash out to change the vac elements at the weekend. Not easy but took a photographic record in case I ever do it again (hope I dont).

I made a few mistakes along the way which I have also recorded and commented on in.

Hope this helps others
(watch out its RHD !)
Keith [:)]

here's the link:
http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/1259925

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
I could be wrong but if all you wanted out was the cluster I think you took more apart than needed! I just pulled my cluster from both a 300E that I bought and the one on my E420 to replace bulb! All I did was to make a set of hooks to grab back of cluster an pulled it straight out ! Reached behind and unplugged the connections and with the 300 detach the speedo cable!Was a piece of cake! The cluster is held in with just a press fit! NO screws!![;)][;)] When you put it back just push it in! WALA!![;)][;)][;)][;)]OOPS didn't see there were more pics and not just cluster removal!Nice job on the pics!!Sure glad Not me puttin that puzzle back togther!

[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Smokie

·
Registered
95 E300D
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6 months ago I was still building up the bottle to do the job.

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,733 Posts
Thank ya! This is EXACTLY what I need! I need to do a full check on my vacuum lines and replace a few other parts while I'm in there, so thanks for the guide!

n0alpha

·
Registered
95 E300D
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
try testing the lines from the valve before going to the trouble of taking out the dash.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Sir.

I took my cluster out to replace gauges. However, I failed to mark the bulb indicator locations.. Wiper Fluid, Bulb out, ABS SRS and Check Engine.

Your PIX #16 shows the bulbs.
Can you possibly tell me or shoot a pix of the color coded bulb holder wires??

THANKS!!

Greg

·
Registered
95 E300D
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bulb positions

sorry dont have any pics other than those on the link.

If you look very carefully on the back of the instrument cluster they have stamped the number of each bulb on the metal next to the hole for the bulb. The bulb holders are also marked on mine so there was no possibility of confusion.

hope this helps
Keith[:)]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts