Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,
I have finally started working on my 1982 300SD that I got for $5 two years ago, my 1984 300D needs suspension work, so the 300SD has become my DD. The interior is SHOT dash crackeed seat falling apart just plain bad.

I went to the junk yard looking for seats and found a dash in a palomino interior car (mine is grey). So is the lower portion (below wood trim) removable so that I can use the near perfect dash (one small crack at driver side speaker) or is it forever palomino?

Also looking to buy two front seat in grey for the same car

Thanks Greg

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
You can paint the Palomino colored portion with SEM paint, any color you wish, but the Palomino portion of the dash is not removable. I would wait to find a dash witno cracks in it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I could be wrong about your Gen1 car, but the Gen 2 dash's lower part has the layer of matching color vinyl clad over the Black bottom. Essentially, all the dashes are Black. Perhaps you can transfer your bottom portion that matches your car over to the new dash. I have never done it but it could be an option.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Good morning,
I have finally started working on my 1982 300SD that I got for $5 two years ago, my 1984 300D needs suspension work, so the 300SD has become my DD. The interior is SHOT dash crackeed seat falling apart just plain bad.

I went to the junk yard looking for seats and found a dash in a palomino interior car (mine is grey). So is the lower portion (below wood trim) removable so that I can use the near perfect dash (one small crack at driver side speaker) or is it forever palomino?

Also looking to buy two front seat in grey for the same car

Thanks Greg
Did I read correct? You bought this car for 5 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!. I can give you Ten times of that money. Will you sell it to me for 50 bucks?

Sahai

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you read that correct, I bought the car from the parents of one of my wife's friends, they bought it brand new sold it to me in Charlotte, NC where they filled it with diesel and took it to a mechanic to see if I could drive it home to Columbia, SC. I will try to post some pics when I find my camera.

joconab, that is kind of what I had in mind, is there anyone else who knows if this is possible.

Thanks,
G

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes you read that correct, I bought the car from the parents of one of my wife's friends, they bought it brand new sold it to me in Charlotte, NC where they filled it with diesel and took it to a mechanic to see if I could drive it home to Columbia, SC. I will try to post some pics when I find my camera.

joconab, that is kind of what I had in mind, is there anyone else who knows if this is possible.

Thanks,
G
That is wonderful, I wish I had my wife's friend like that!!!!!!!

Sahai

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Dying the bottom portion is a whole lot simpler and no one but you will ever know that it is dyed. Leatherique or Sem dye/paint is your friend.

·
W123 Moderator
797 Posts
The colored portion is not removable

The trim colored part of the dash is not removable.

You will need to find one the right color or dye it.

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
The trim colored part of the dash is not removable.

You will need to find one the right color or dye it.
100% correct. Bottoms are NOT changeable. Dye it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts