Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the dash mounted tweeters with aftermarket tweeters? When replaced will sound ACTUALLY come out from them? I didnt even know I had tweeters in there until I removed the cover and found a tiny a$$ tweeter that produced basically no sound. Please let me know if a simple swap of tweeters will work here.

·
Premium Member
2006 S350 SWB; 1991 300CE; MB diesel sprinter van; 1999 AMG-C43 (sold); 1978 450SLC (sold)
99 Posts
What do you mean will sound actually come out of them, are you saying sould doesn't come...

What do you mean will sound actually come out of them, are you saying sould doesn't come out of them now, in stock form?

I replaced mine with a set from Cambridge Soundworks (they used to make car speakers 2-3 years ago, not anymore) and it is much improved. It's a 99 C43 with Bose, if that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sound will come out from them ONLY if you place your ear directly on it and it is still as...

Sound will come out from them ONLY if you place your ear directly on it and it is still as low as a whishper. No other speaker is like that, but can they BOTH be blown since neither have audible sound?

I already added my own set of tweeters (see picture)

but this was before i knew there were some in the dash

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
They are very high frequency tweeters. Mine sounded fine. Could be blown, or you could...

They are very high frequency tweeters. Mine sounded fine. Could be blown, or you could have reduced sensitivity to high frequency sounds.

-s-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts