Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 C43
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help! My dash lights and gauges stopped working, fuses have been checked and are all OK. Everything was working about 1 month ago, started car about a week ago and nothing is working now. Car is kept covered in a garage. Its a 1999 C43. 168,000 miles. Anybody know where I can start to correct this problem. Brake light on dash was burning and I had new pads put on, fluid level OK but light is still burning. Am going to have sensors changed. I really need help with lights and gauges now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a similar problem with my c36 and I tried a lot of different methods to remedy the problem. What finally ended up working was I pulled out and disconnected (car not on, no key in)the cluster while a battery was connected and let it sit for a day. I then plugged it back in, again no key w/ battery still connected, and all the lights (warning) were now off and all gauges worked properly and illuminated.

This is a good time to replace any burnt out bulbs from the cluster. Do a search on here or google on how to remove cluster, its rather simple.

Hope this helps I know you have the newer cluster but this shouldn't hurt anything and worth a try.

Let me know should you have more questions.
Take care, Nick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts