Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally going back together. Checked all systems everything is a go.
I must admit this is not an easy job. Most the difficult stuff is complete. Continued tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,972 Posts
Good work... Must be really hard to figure out all the wires connected to it....

·
Registered
300 SEL (1989)
369 Posts
Dash Installation

Brave man!

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
euroamg said:
Good work... Must be really hard to figure out all the wires connected to it....
The wires are the easiest thing, placing the dash and getting the duct work hooked up properly was a challenge., not to mention a cable that moves a flap at the drivers footwell was a nightmare. A few "skinned hands" but I will survive!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
danwatt said:
Just noticed that you live in Coto. I think I've seen your car before too. Neato.
Very rare to see a 26 year old car in Coto de Caza. Mostly Escalades, Suburbans, Lexus, every kind of SUV, new MB's, BMW's ect ect. Are you in Coto?

·
Registered
84 500SEL AMG, 90 560SEC AMG, 85 500SEC AMG Widebody
1,909 Posts
I also have a white SEC with blue interior. Was the purpose of the dash job to replace the dash, redo the wood or other purpose? The blue dash in my SEC is (surprise) cracked. I have a blue dash from a later SDL that I want to swap out sometime in the next year.

If you replaced the dash, what was your source for the new/used dash? Did you have your burl wood redone?

Thanks,

Al
Atlanta

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Their is an a thred on this. This the original dash. I did the job to change all the acuators, replace all bulbs and do whatever repairs that were needed.

·
Registered
1984 500 SEL euro, 1989 560 SEL, 1980 450 SL, 1981 DeLorean, 2013 F10 BMW
1,253 Posts
Nice job. I'm planning to do the same with replacing the accuators, evap core, heater core and dash pad.
That is one job that I'm not looking forward to.

Regards,

·
Registered
'91 560SEC
940 Posts
wow, thats amazing, i like the trip computer too!

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all! Just finished up, thought I would take the wifey out to lunch and a movie.
Last 3 days 16 hours to install dash. First time. Anyone out their that attempts this I have some good hints. air blows cold and hard! I sat in the garage last night and was amazed how bright the dash lights are now.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 300SE
357 Posts
Very very very nice job. Please do a write up for the "DIY" thread. Surely other forum members will benefit from your experience.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
Trip Computer with Mph speedo.

Now there is a rare combo; Trip Computer (only available as an option for km/h versions) and a Mph speedo.

You must have done the conversion yourself.

Cloth front seats suggest an original Euro car converted to US standards. Does it still have the higher compression engine?

Nice job. What did the old evaporator for the AC look like when you swapped it out?

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AxelWulff said:
Now there is a rare combo; Trip Computer (only available as an option for km/h versions) and a Mph speedo.

You must have done the conversion yourself.

Cloth front seats suggest an original Euro car converted to US standards. Does it still have the higher compression engine?

Nice job. What did the old evaporator for the AC look like when you swapped it out?
The conversion on the speedo was by the previous owner(a friend of mine)
Yes higher compression, this car really moves!. I did not replce the evap. no leaks, blows cold.

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This was an original Euro car, imported by a lawyer in San Clemente, CA. I have all the records and original paperwork. Here is the original Bill of Sale $41,000.00.
And a photo of the car on the docks when she was brand new.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
Mmmm, Euro bumpers, headlamps, headlamp wipers and amber corner lights. What is not to like? Oh, yeah, those 14" bundt cake rims, but you did something about that already.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts