Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...New member here. I bought this car (1993 300E 3.2) for my son. However, just noticed there is a lit dash icon left of the ABS icon and right of the windshield washer light (lower right) Has an "!" inside it.

Sort of looks like 1) a light bulb icon or 2) Time bomb icon

Local dealer said bring it in because he didn't have a clue. How frustrating not to have the manual!

I have been a fan of these forums because you guys know a lot.

Anybody know what this light does and how to reset it?

·
Registered
1991 W124.128
136 Posts
have in my car an EXterior Lamp Failure Light - it has an "!" in the middle of what looks to me an alarm clock - lights up in yellow

Hi...New member here. I bought this car (1993 300E 3.2) for my son. However, just noticed there is a lit dash icon left of the ABS icon and right of the windshield washer light (lower right) Has an "!" inside it.

Sort of looks like 1) a light bulb icon or 2) Time bomb icon

Local dealer said bring it in because he didn't have a clue. How frustrating not to have the manual!

I have been a fan of these forums because you guys know a lot.

Anybody know what this light does and how to reset it?

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
I'm going with the time bomb. The car is counting down to self distruction.

No.... it is the exterior lamp failure idiot light. One or more of your exterior bulbs have failed. Check all and replace as needed. Don't forget the tag lights. If wiring mods have been made (LED tail lights), then it could set off the idiot light also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts