Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a dash cover like the one in this 500 SEL?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4523941761&category=6332

Despite my best efforts the dash on my car has cracked in two places, a victim of the Florida sun. I know a dash cover in a 126 is verboten but I have one in my 123, I like it, and I’m not interested in replacing the dash at this time. I may get one for my 300 SE as well to KEEP the dash from cracking.

Also the old 5.0 L sedan in the eBay listing does not look too bad. The interior’s nice, good color. I’ll bet the dash is cracked. [:(]

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
That is an awful dash cover. if you go to ebay, type in 126 dash, you'll see a few replacement molded dash caps that glue on top of your cracked one. you can barely tell the difference.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Mr. T, I know about the glue-ons, but I don’t want to go that route right now – I also want to protect the one in good shape. But thanks anyway.

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I have a big crack on the corner of the cluster. So I just bought a cover that match the color to glue it on. It looks okay but still better than a crack dash. I just slap mine into place. I can still take it out if I want to.

·
Premium Member
Audi A4
276 Posts
Did you try dashcover.com?
The contact address is in FL.

Anyhow, we cannot ignore powerful sunshine here in Arizona too.
More than 50% of cars have dash cover.
As “dtkw� mentioned it is ugly, but most drivers in AZ carry that to protect from Sun.

As you can see that ebay car, the address is in Scottsdale, AZ.
Scottsdale is in Phoenix metropolitan area.

I know one place who makes that, so I will run to the store tomorrow morning and update detail again.

·
Premium Member
Audi A4
276 Posts
If you still did not find it, I have some information.

I went to a store this afternoon.
It is called “Dashcovers of Arizona�
(480) 736 – 8113
1 – 800 – 332 – 1154

Their price for dashcover is $38 before tax, shipping and handling.
When I went into store, I saw more than 10 different colors of fabrics. So, it wouldn’t be a matter for you matching right color with your interior.

Hope it helps.

P.S. This article is not endorsed or affiliated with any business for commercial purposes. Just I want to share information with other Mercedes-Benz owners.
[:)]

·
Registered
1985 380SE
27 Posts
The Dash Mat you see in that photo is from DashMat.com (I'm pretty sure). I have one made by the same company in my '85 380 SE. It's nothing superb, but it better than cracked vinyl. The one you see in that ebay listing is not fitted very well. They are secured to the vinyl by velcro style strips that you stick to the dash and then hold the cover in place. If you use more velcro than is included, you can get a pretty smooth fit.

jdc1244a - 1/31/2005 11:06 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a dash cover like the one in this 500 SEL?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4523941761&category=6332

Despite my best efforts the dash on my car has cracked in two places, a victim of the Florida sun. I know a dash cover in a 126 is verboten but I have one in my 123, I like it, and I’m not interested in replacing the dash at this time. I may get one for my 300 SE as well to KEEP the dash from cracking.

Also the old 5.0 L sedan in the eBay listing does not look too bad. The interior’s nice, good color. I’ll bet the dash is cracked. [:(]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts