Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving!
Today our son came home from university for the holiday.
As always, I washed and detailed his/my car. C230 Sport 2006.
Has anyone had the dash coating / flaking come off!
As I started to wipe down the passenger side of the dash, the flakey particles started to come off.
I have cleaned this many times before with the same cleaner without a problem until today.
Anyone have this happen with their Mercedes-Benz C class?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Yeah, I just bought a 2005 a few months ago, and the rubber coating on the steering wheel controls and the door pulls is peeling off. It was like that when I bought it, and the car kicks ass enough that I don't let it bother me.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,854 Posts
It will only be a matter of time before your door pulls break and have to be replaced anyhow - then you can get nice new ones! :) The best thing is to only clean those soft-touch surface with a damp microfiber cloth and rub very gently. Don;t use any cleaners or rough fabrics.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The door pulls on the two front doors, driver and passesnger had to be replaced about 3 months ago. The steering wheel control buttons had this sticky glue or whatever "soft touch" coating that I removed with a soft cloth and rubbing alchohol. The buttons came out great and look better then new. The door pulls were not to expensive at the dealer and I had my indy install.
I was able to use a soft cloth with glue remover on the dash, then applied low sheen interior detailer on the front dash and center deck, all look "even" now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts