Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1975 mercedes sl, Audi A6 2.7T, 2000 merceds slk (sold)
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to put on my new bamboo dash cap, but it looks like it will be difficult to get the instrument cluster out once the dash cap is on....is this a fact, because my lowest priority projects (paint needles and fix odometer and clock moves to the top of the list)

carsten

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
page62 said:
I just set mine in place. It fits very well...with no need for adhesives!
Where did you get yours? And is it colored to match your factory dash or is it black? I've wondered about it, because I'm getting really bored with the ugly carpet dash cover.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,841 Posts
ScottinSoCal said:
Where did you get yours? And is it colored to match your factory dash or is it black? I've wondered about it, because I'm getting really bored with the ugly carpet dash cover.
Scott, I got one from Perf Prod several years ago. Came in black primer, spray with vinyl dye of your color choice. This summer will be it's third in this CenCal heat. Color still holds, but my interior is black on black. Fit is good, but the sharp eye can spot the cover. Particularly around the gunsights.

For Page62, You may consider the glue job. Like you I thought the initial fit was good enough to skip the glue. It only took several exposures to a good hot sun to elucidate the folly of my assumption. The cover will warp. My lesson learned. When I get tired of looking at this one, it's replacement gets glued.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,841 Posts
carsten123 said:
I am just about to put on my new bamboo dash cap, but it looks like it will be difficult to get the instrument cluster out once the dash cap is on....is this a fact, because my lowest priority projects (paint needles and fix odometer and clock moves to the top of the list)

carsten

Carsten, My cover does not interfere with cluster R & R at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts