Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 MB S430 4Matic
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry this has probably been posted many times over but the search button isn't working for me. I just bought a 1980 240D and was wondering how to remove the dash lights(where the rear light switch, a/c knob, and rear defroster switch is. The lights for the rear light switch,a/c knob, and rear defroster do not light up and I wanted to fix them. If anyone knows how to replace the bulbs so they work please help. The rear defroster button only lights up when I turn it on when it's off it does not light up but on my 1977 300D the button lights up even when off so is it a fuse(btw all the buttons/knob are fuctional).

Here's some pics. to see what I am talking about:

·
Registered
2005 MB S430 4Matic
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one knows how to fix this problem or help? [:(]...

No one knows how to fix this problem or help? [:(]

·
Registered
83 240D
7 Posts
Lights

The switches which you talk about are removed by prying them out of the wood trim piece itself. That is what Haynes shows in their photo. They use a small flat bladed screwdriver.

I checked my switches, they do illuminate without activating them (as long as the head lights are on).

To find a cheap solution, just go to a junk yard and get replacement switches, or take them apart and see if the bulbs within the switches may be replaced.

Perhaps there is a bad ground???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.