Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for a long time & learned a lot, but first time post. Just bought a 2015 350SLK for my wife. MFG warranty was expired and CPO expires 10/1/19. Car only has 14K miles on it, but when the Magic Sky Panorama Roof is in daylight mode, there are several small dark spots in the roof (like the dark tint didn't go away). When the roof is darkened, the spots are not visible at all. It is not major spotting (my wife didn't even notice till I pointed it out to her, but service rep saw it & initially said she thought MB should fix it under CPO) Took it to the dealer, and after 2 days, they informed me that CPO would not cover it, I kind of guessed they would say that since my understanding is that the only fix is a new roof which they said was a little of $20k w/tax (not counting install labor).

I know the CPO doesn't cover some cosmetic thing that the MFG warranty covers, like paint, glass, peeling buttons/controls, and squeaks/rattles. But I would think the Magic Sky Control defect (or not operating properly) should not be considered "glass" since it some electro/mechanical/magic stuff. I have tried searching google for my issue and can't seem to find it anywhere. I doubt mine is the only Magic Sky roof to ever have this issue.

Anyway, would anyone have an idea on how or what I need to do to try and get Mercedes to fix this under the CPO?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Wow! Did you try over at SLKWorld? That site is just for the SLK and maybe those people can give more insight? Can you provide a picture so we can see it better?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try SLKWorld. I actually posted same question in the general forum after here, since I realized I would probably get a better response as it is more a Magic Sky question and not SLK specific. I also added a picture on that thread. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts