Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than clog cus_deluxe's thread up, I'll just post this one here. It apparently sold in Illinois for $32K.

Some notes, from looking at the photos. There has been some cross-pollination going on, to improve the breed.

It has cowl lights added from a SEE tractor - the amber lights with the brush guards, and then the upper White lights with the guards removed - I think the white lights are the same as on the SEE, anyway.

The Rear convoy / blackout light ( the shield with the white cross and the lamp and guard ) is not something that appears on other Danish 416's that I have seen. Modern Danish military square cabs don't seem to run them either, although I have one example that shows the shield there - I suspect it is a mislabeled BW U1300L. This is probably borrowed from a German U1300L. It looks good there, I think.

The Rear Jerry can mount looks like another U1300L transplant. A handy improvement.
The Mirrors are upgraded.
The Mercedes star on front has lightweight, 'Tactical' mounts - it's zip-tied on.

It has the backwards / forwards Ag tire arrangement. The Fronts are mounted 'backwards', while the rears are mounted in the normal way. This configuration is favored by some for superior traction on a truck that is mainly used off road. Opinions vary.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Truck
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Hood Car
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Grille Motor vehicle Light Product Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Automotive design Grille Grey Automotive exterior
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design
Speedometer Vehicle Plant Gauge Steering wheel
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Truktor, I drove that exact model in the Danish Armed forces in 1997-98. The upper front turn signals/upper lights were not used in Denmark, the rear lights were exactly like that, everything looks exactly like mine did, exept the paint code seems a bit off.
Too bad the original registration number on the door has been removed, otherwise it might be possible to find out more.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1976 406
564 Posts
The PTO winch on the Danish 416's (as shown in Truktor's photo) have power-in, freewheel, brake, and power-out functions. They work wonderfully well. There is a fellow in Sweden who has installed a rod under his steering wheel and through the engine bay to the winch to be able control the winch functions from inside the cab. He has videos of it in use on YouTube and forum posting showing the setup on a Swedish site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts