Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just helping my friend daniel to make a project here about his sleeper car that we started yestarday and going to tune this weekend

Mercedes benz 300CE 12v
Turbokit (Turbobandit stage 1) 400-600hp
(turocharger starts spinning at 1800rpm and full boost at 3000rpm)
Twinentry black steel manifold
Turbocharger T60 60mm inducer (600hp)
60mm Wastegate
2 pcs 32mm BOV
300x480x76 intercooler
2,5" aluminum intake pipes
3" stainless exhaust

EMS:
Megasquirt v3,0 EXTRA
Wasted spark
680cc injectors
Custom fuelrail
AN6 turbobandit Fuel regulator
AN6 fuel hose
36-1 triggerwheel

Making radiator to stock tranny cooling

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's always good to see you Pumpish.
I should get you out to Philly so you can get to work on my car :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OH BOY ~~~ here we go, gotta keep an eye on this

any internal engine mods on this? ~~~ rebuild the engine before turbo mod?

Yes it is low compresion CP pistons before we knew that stock pistons is strong enoegh and this car is gonna be just normal everyday driving 500Hp sleeper and not a monster like my other blue one:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
PUMPISH! :D Glad to see you resurface again. I tried to get in touch with you about some base .msq maps for a M103 3.0L. It would really help me out giving me a "starting point" to tune from with my megasquirt build. If you could email them to me that would be wonderful, either way let me know! The CE is great, your work is great, lets see some BOOST VIDS!!! :thumbsup:

email:
(bbc309 @ gmail dot com)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why is it breaking up as you are revving the engine ?

It is launch control. I was just testing it.
We put at 4000rpm to build up boost up to 0,5 bar from the start.

We have a button in the car so I can just push and hold the button and getting launch control and I can choose RPM and the boost I want from the start. We tryed and it feels best att 4000rpm and 0,5bar boost to start with without loosing the grip.

By setting a lower rpm and back up the ignition about 20 degree and getting extra fuel I can choose the boost.
Great stuff for streetrace:)

I use antilag control with my onther car with manual tranny so I can make the same thing to keep the boost when i am changing gears.

But it is not good stuff to use too often

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PUMPISH! :D Glad to see you resurface again. I tried to get in touch with you about some base .msq maps for a M103 3.0L. It would really help me out giving me a "starting point" to tune from with my megasquirt build. If you could email them to me that would be wonderful, either way let me know! The CE is great, your work is great, lets see some BOOST VIDS!!! :thumbsup:

email:
(bbc309 @ gmail dot com)
Thanks man!

Do you need turbomaps or npn turbo maps?

You know that every engine is individueal so it is no garanti that it will work on your engine. I use to tune every car even if it has the same engine.

But I can check if I have some ground map for you!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Awesome pictures! what a treat. good luck and keep us informed on any reliability issues or lack thereof that may or may not arise. What are premium petrol prices in Sweden. CA, USA about $4.75 avg.

·
Registered
116 Posts
yes very nice. i am new to this forum, i just recently got a 1987 W124 AMG 3.2 ( yes a real W124 AMG, got the pics and papers to prove it). I have our work and wanted to know if you would be any help to me over here in the states with finding a twin turbo kit. My friend Jonathan Hodgeman from bluerige benz A.K.A. "AMG EAST" in Atlanta Georgia has found a Mosselman twin kit but has had trouble getting it in his hands! but i wanted to know if you would like to have a part in this as well or at least elp me in the right dircetion!
thanks,
' SID

sideview.JPG

front.JPG

buttend.JPG

AMG 004.JPG

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey man adding a turbo kit would be the best way to get lots of h/p but very expensive ad hard to find. not too much else you could do other than a k&n air cleaner, and a better exaust system, eliminating the catlyac converter ( will DESTROY emmissions)
a better clutch will help out alittle by catching the gears quicker but not really a h/p gainer. other than that i dont belive their is any thing else you can do. nice m/t though was looking to do the conversion to m/t in my AMG but am having a hard time findind a good used m/t if you know of any let me know please.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
13 Participants
Vic.S
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing