Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 1999 A170 cdi ,when she puts her headlights on all four windows move up and down in a totally random pattern and she needs to have the lights off to close them up,this is quite a slow procedure as at times (not always)they move back up slowly 3-5mm at a time.This hasn't been a problem as the car is used little after dark, but new laws come into place here in Bulgaria as from tomorrow,where headlights need to be on at all times not just wintertime,so this has increased the need to remedy the situation
I have taken it to two local garages,they acknowledge the problem, but have no idea's what the cause is,or any solution.
I would really appreciate any help or suggestions as to where to start investigating.
Many Thanks
Marinerboy.

·
W168, W169 Moderator
A180 CVT, A170, A190, B200
469 Posts
I had a similar problem many years ago in with my golf mk1. every time I pressed the brakes the read wiper started working, turned out to be bad earth.
it's common sence, the only thing in common between the windows and the headlight is earth. you can start check earth points first

1 - 2 of 2 Posts