Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
E 300D 1995
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Hello everyone. Thanks for everything and all the help - the ongoing saga of the turn signals.

I replaced the combination switch on my vehicle - however the part that I received has an extra wire with a little knob sort of thing on it. The previous one didn't have that extra wire. Anyway I replaced the old one with the new and it isn't working. I assume that extra wire has a purpose. Is there anything else I should be checking if the turn signals won't come on? No hazards, no signals. High beams activate fine but the intermittent setting on the wipers doesn't seem to work. Is there a relay that might have some faulty parts or something that would affect the turn signals and the wiper mechanism? Please help me friends. I want to avoid the garage as it seems like a totally doable job on my own.

Thank you.

Shane

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
16,920 Posts
You probably got the wrong part. Compare the part# stamped on the old and new units.

·
Registered
E 300D 1995
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I'm sure I did. Anyone know of any other common turn signal problems out there and their solutions? Anybody ever go through this before? I'm thinkin relays man. There's more to the story and it involves relays or something. Also anybody have a combination switch with the extra wire installed in the car? Will it work anyway?

Much appreciation and thanks.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
16,920 Posts
As I said, compare the part numbers. That is the sole sure fire way of knowing.

I have never come across a W124 stalk with a knob attached. Just doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
E 300D 1995
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This was the culprit. Also the new combination switch works fine despite the wire with the knob on it. Although I wonder if my old combo switch is still alive... Maybe I'll find out tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts