Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Damaged Wheel, Anyone got a Spare?

975 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Bill51sdr 
#1 ·
I had the unfortunate experience of hitting what appeared to be a large chunk of asphalt on the freeway last Friday. I tried to miss it but... :(

The tire/wheel hit the rock pretty much dead center and actually cracked the wheel near the 'drop center'. The resulting 3" crack resulted in a rather immediate loss of tire pressure. Oddly enough it took the tire pressure monitoring system a bit of time to notify me of this condition :confused:. I'm guessing the wheel is a write-off, tire as well although it shows no outward signs of damage (I know better).

Does anyone out there have an extra front AMG 18 X 7.5, 37 offset (it's the stock 10 spoke for a 2008 CLK 550) wheel taking up space in their garage that might need a good home? Let me know the price and shipping if so.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I'll have a look over there, thanks!

The money in CA goes to pensions, not roads, but that's an issue for another forum... :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.