Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'91 all white 500SL Brabus from Japan. 70,000km
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 91 500SL Brabus had the right corner of the front bumper damaged when the shop that did the right inner tie rod end put it on the hoist. It is a lowered vehicle and they knew they were supposed to take extra care. They used ramp extensions yet still they crunched it. I am terrified since I doubt I can replace the cover. I don't believe it is stock. I am considering removing it and taking it to a boat building outfit that does custom fiberglass work.
Any thoughts, advice, opinions, leads?
All are appreciated.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is doing something stupid"
N. Bonaparte.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Yes it appears it is likely a Brabus piece and more likely impossible to find. It sounds like the route you are thinking of going is the right one.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Do not pinch pennies on this repair!! take it to a reputable independent bodyshop whether it's fiberglass or plastic. A majority of fiberglass work is a hell of a lot easier on boats then cars and it will be easy for a bodyman. Not sure how it is in Canada but in the states franchises and dealers are notorious for having terrible bodyshops. However there are a lot of reputable independents. Just have to do your homework. Definitely send the mechanic the bill or at least get a lot of work done for free.

·
Registered
'91 all white 500SL Brabus from Japan. 70,000km
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insights and advice. I will certainly shop around for the right fix. I found a great hotrod shop in Calgary that does lots of custom fiberglass that is familiar with Brabus. His site shows some pretty remarkable work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts