Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Mercedez Benz CLK 500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made a mistake the other day and rubbed another vehicle. Any ideas what it would cost to repair? This question goes out to shop owners on the forum or anyone that had similar repair done. All opinions welcome but would prefer opinions from experience or expertise. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
A first class body shop would remove the rear bumper, replace the rubber insert, repair the damaged area and repaint the entire rear bumper... estimate about $500 - $1,000.

But on your own, you could just rub out the light area damage leaving the heavy scuff at the edge of the bumper?

:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response. im sure i'll be going to a shop. i've done enough "projects" to know that its all down hill if i put my hands on it lol

·
Registered
1999 SL500, 2004 CLK500, 2006 Cadillac SRX
873 Posts
A first class body shop would remove the rear bumper, replace the rubber insert, repair the damaged area and repaint the entire rear bumper... estimate about $500 - $1,000.

But on your own, you could just rub out the light area damage leaving the heavy scuff at the edge of the bumper?

:)
I agree here, I would buy some polishing compound and rub it out - by hand - you will probably save your self a lot of money if you try it - if you mess up, I don't see any way to cause any additional expense. You would be surprised how much polishing will take out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm really? i dont really have any experience with rubbing compound but the fact that it cant get more expensive is a good point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts