Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rear drivers side window has now decided to stop working! dam car, its stood for so long whilst i was building engine, and now everything has started to play up.

are the windows on a coupe all independent, could it just be a motor, or are there any other posibilitys?

·
Registered
2003 W220 S55 AMG 2011 & Camaro RS/SS Convertible & 2011 H/D WideGlide
78 Posts
nick.qed,
I test the 124 car window switches first. The front switches are the same part # and the rears are also.
Remove the console box below the armrest then the trim bezel around the shifter plate then the screws holding the wood trim to access the switch pack. I would swap the switch from the right to the left and try the window that was inop.
If it now works replace the defective switch. I think they are like $30.00 bucks each and shouldnt break the bank.
If that doesnt correct your issue, start removing the trim panel and using a battery or battery charger with some jumper type wires and touch the window motor connectors with the harness unpluged and see if you can make it go up and down. If it moves up or down, then reverse the wires and confirm it goes the other direction. If it doesnt, its window motor time.
Good Luck.

RdKing.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good info, cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
what do i do about he rear hatch not opening?

i can't get the door to open automatically or at all - it is a new car ML350 2008 and i hear a motor going but nothing happens. is there a manual fix for now until i have the dealer fix it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts