Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
W123, W116 Wagon
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to clean the Injectors using Mercedes Original In-tank Cleaner(1 bottle to a full tank of fuel).

I believe the pressurized (disconnecting the fuel pump supply and injecting a can of cleaner) cleaning system may be more effective but I could not get the kit here...the next alternative will be sending the injectors to workshops for cleaning. However, the shops only work on the newer injectors(their kit will not be able handle the D-jet injectors).

Question (if I were to use the In-tank cleaner)

1. Will giving a higher concentration (instead of 1 bottle to a full tank, I use 1 bottle to half tank) will remove the gum and dirt from the injectors, shortening the cleaning process?

2. Will it be good to increase the the fuel line pressure (say to 45psi) during the cleaning process(with intention to provide a higher differential pressure to flush out the dirt and gum deposited in the injectors)?

Also looking for alternative ways to clean these injectors

Another question, can I run the D-jet at higher pressure( say 45psi)? Will this damage the injectors?

The MS conversion is successful but I am getting misfire(poor power) on hard acceleration(believe that the fuel delivery is not working well).

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

NPK

·
Registered
W111 Coupe
1,214 Posts
Hi,

On what car did you do this Djet/MS conversion?

Cruzin' Performance is doing a good job and cleaned my hose top injectors for a very reasonable price: Cruzin Performance

L-jet systems also used hose top injectors with vacuum actuated fuel pressure regulators that were giving a higher fuel pressure at WOT than the Djet 28 psi. Some people have run higher pressures (up to 35 psi) on the Djet systems but other argue that higher pressure on these injectors will cause them to leak. I don't have a definite answer on that, but Bosch gives the fuel rating of the Djet injectors at 43.5 psi, like all others. If they were not able to handle such pressures I doubt they would give a rating at that pressure.

You can try ATF in your tank, up to 4% on a full tank. If your injectors are not too bad you will get good results.

Usually D-jet injectors have too big a flow rate on a given engine for an MS application, yielding problems at idle. What is your duty cycle at WOT and high rpm? Does your car smoke black when you accelerate hard?

·
Registered
W123, W116 Wagon
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank GGR for response

It's a W116 280SE M110 Wagon

I am in Malaysia and sending the injectors to Cruzin may be the last few options on the list of possibilities to have good running injectors

I am going to retune the MS using Oxygen sensor to ensure that I am the right AFR at acceleration...I suspect that I may be getting to rich on acceleration(black smoke)

Thanks.

NPK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts