Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK, 2008 C300, 2010 ML350
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I just got back from Ny and had the car in the garage for a botu a week. not long at all. But I started my car this afternoon and lo and behold the CEL came on. So I got the code and it says cylinder 2 is misfiring.

I am surprised because my car has been running perfectly. so of course it didnt like to sit for a week without being started. so, where would you start? Obviously I don't think it is something major. If the car didnt sit, i would be in this mess...at least...I dont think so.

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes SLK 230 Kompressor
333 Posts
A contaminated MAF will often result in cylinder misfiring, wrong fuel mixture going in. The MAF is also the most common problem on the R170, so check the MAF and see if it needs a clean. If you search the threads you'll find chapter and verse on MAF cleaning:D

CMount

·
Registered
2002 SLK, 2008 C300, 2010 ML350
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, my car has 83K miles on it and I am going to change the plugs today. I took the MAF off yesterday and it didnt seem dirty (visually) but I cleaned it and replaced it. Do you think I should add a fuel additive to clean the injectors? If so, do you recommend any brand?

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts