Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2004 S430,

There is so much fuel dumping in Cyl 2 it is locking the motor up upon starting.

I'm assuming the injector is bad but I would like to rule out the computer.

The confusing part that I have is I see mis fire codes for cyl 1 & 2 & 3. Now can a bad injector cause mis fires in other cyls? Maybe a build up of fuel in the manifold can leak in to other runners?

Can the SDS help diagnose a bad computer? If so how?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I apologize for asking this, but what software did you use to pull those codes. I have been trying to decide which package to get and was happy to see the codes and explanations from your package...

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I apologize for asking this, but what software did you use to pull those codes. I have been trying to decide which package to get and was happy to see the codes and explanations from your package...

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Search the forum for star diagnostic system.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New codes

I tested sensor B1S1 and B2S1 and they are with in range at idle.

I tested the Oxy sensor after the cats, the right side which is where I had the bad injector was showing very little activity, and the left side was alittle high out of range.

I find it odd that I'm getting before cat oxy sensor codes and seeing a bad after cat sensor code. I don't think I melted that cat because the car seems to run very well. What do you all think about these readings?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Move the injector from cyl 2 to another cylinder and see how this works.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
The injector issue has been solved. Now I'm dealing with the other damage it had caused, maybe 1 or 2 bad 02sensor and hopefully no damage to the cat.
How did you solve the injector issue?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did you solve the injector issue?
I installed an injector off of a 99 sl500, same specs just different color, it fixed the problem. I did see a few good tests in the SDS for the injectors but it was after the repair.

I believe all the oxy sensor codes coming up after the fix was from all the unburned fuel left in the system. I have put 100miles on the car so far with out any more codes. I did notice the Oxy sensor and cat monitor has not set, does any one know what the computer is looking for to set these 2 monitors?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts