Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering going to look at a used 2011 B200 but one thing that worries me is the CVT. I've owned too Nissans with CVT but the one in the B200 is Mercedes' own so am I right in thinking that replacement costs after the warranty has expired would be fairly expensive? Thanks

·
Registered
W123 '83 200, W210 '98 E200K, W212 '13 E350
1,842 Posts
Ok, while we wait for actual CVT owner's to post...is a manual tranny completely not an option?

From the posts I've read about CVT issues they're quite expensive to fix (when not covered by warranty).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really, the vast majority of my driving is commuting and stop/go and I really can't be bothered to exercise my left leg that much! Actually, I grew up driving manual in England but I haven't tried it here in Canada yet.

I've had two Nissans with CVT and I think their transmissions are a bit cheaper because they are used in more makes and models than the one from Mercedes.

·
Registered
W123 '83 200, W210 '98 E200K, W212 '13 E350
1,842 Posts
CVT's aren't common enough yet and IMHO still a niche market for fixing. I understand Nissan owns a part in the cvt maker they use. Because of the cvt issues i heard about we had to take the Rogue off our shopping list since it wasn't available in manual.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2011 B200T
48 Posts
Don't really know what the repairs costs would be, but I also have a 2011 with a CVT. I think you have to keep in mind that people who don't have problems are unlikely to visit this forum so the negative input could be greatly skewed. That being said I really enjoy the vehicle so plan to get the extended warranty and then sell the car when it runs out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts