Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 W202 Mercedes-Benz C250 Turbodiesel
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys!

I have a small tear in one of my boots, so I guess I'll have to replace all four of them.

Well, I 'phoned the shop that the dealers referred me to, which told me that the entire job would amount to R850 (about $123). This price includes the boots of R50 ($7) each. I asked them if they would be willing to do the install if I supplied them with OEM boots - they were more than willing, stating that they would probably be of better quality than theirs.

So, off I went to the dealers, expecting a price of probably not more than $22 a boot. No so, try $67 for EACH inner boot and $80 for EACH outer one :eek: ! Total for all the boots: $178 :crybaby2: !

I'm a firm believer of OEM replacement parts. However, this time I think I'm going to go for the $7 boots :surrender: !

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
When did you have it replaced? I just had mine replaced under warranty. I guess I got what I paid for. But that free (rebuilt) axle is great, given that it's under warranty. Only thing is that I had to call the BAR to get the mechanic to change it. Otherwise, I could take it to the small claims court. I never did, and he offered to replace it after emotions died down.

Needless to say I'm finding a new mechanic!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts