Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put the 8mm (1pt) spring shims instead of the 18mm (3pt) then I cut 1 coil off.

Brought the front down by about an inch. It had a 4 (FOUR!!!) finger gap before and now its down to 2. It was like it was ready to launch into space before.

Much better now and leveled out :thumbsup:
Maybe in the future I will cut another coil off, but I want to drive it for a while first with people loaded in the car to make sure no rubbing as this car's goal is 100% functionality before looks.

Before:
Older photo, but this was where the ride height has been since then!!

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know yes, I believe the PO replaced both the shocks and springs for reasons unknown....they look OE sachs, so probably comforts, but they feel rock solid so I think I should be okay.

They are real lorinsors, but the chrome is peeling off and the tires are deflating randomly due to the chrome peeling. That's why I am looking to get some 8 holes asap.

They should settle a few more mm too since that was just off the driveway and 100feet up the street.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick question -- I noticed the self-centering is less now. Is that an aligment caster fix?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Quick question -- I noticed the self-centering is less now. Is that an aligment caster fix?
Yes, but I don't believe caster is adjustable without camber/caster plates where the strut mount is. Maybe there is, but I don't know any other way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts