Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and scared the crap out of us. Coming back to the States from Windsor after an acupuncturist visit, as we came through the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel, we approached the customs station and a bunch of officers came out fiercely waving their arms and yelling for us to quickly park the car along a far wall, shut off the engine and get out! What the hell?

We did and got out shaking in our boots. They said to get away from the car....it was spraying gas all over the ground...and through the tunnel as well. Some wildlife managed to chew a hole into the high pressure fuel line between the pump and the accumulator and the gas was shooting out of the line.

What a relief!!! Had it flatbedded to my indie and a $36 three inch long hose and an hour of labor and it was on its way again.

At least we weren't terrorists!

·
Always Remembered RIP
1973 450 SLC AMG, 1995 Chevy Tahoe
3,381 Posts
I've heard about those canadan's mice but chewing though rubbers. :D

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
I hate going thru customs! Glad everything went ok though... you could have run out of gas in a scary part of Detroit!

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC EURO AMG/LORINSER; 1988 560SEL, 1995 S500 Sonderschutz
3,680 Posts
Good thing you're not a smoker.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
83 280 SL- 5 speed-The PIG
34,724 Posts
I've heard about those canadan's mice but chewing though rubbers. :D
That's why you gotta keep 'em in a safe place.
Like your wallet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.