Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I finally got the custom winch mount made and I had to cut around the stock bumper so it would fit back on. I then decided to spray bedliner on the bottom part of the bumper since it gets all scratched up when Im wheeling. Anyways Ill just let the pics speak for themselves. As usual, please let me know what you think.

Now I just have to save up a few bucks for the winch... Oh and the brushguard will go back on after some modification. [:p]

Attachments

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
I am speechless.

That looks great.

[:)]

·
Registered
2005 ML350 SE (current); 05 ML350 SE & 99 ML320 (former)
685 Posts
That's going to be one heck of a monster OffRoad ML! Wow, those tires are big.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys... I realy love how it turned out. It was much cleaner and nicer than I would have ever hoped for. Im really glad I took the extra time to measure and measure again.

Wolfgang... Im planning on getting the Warn XD9000i. I was thinking of getting the Warn M15000 though but I think that would just be extreme overkill. [:p]

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,837 Posts
One of the first thing I did after buying ML was buying about 18" long model with the cammo painting and all the hardware you could see on "Jurassic Park".
Looks like you are slowly getting there.
Good luck, looks like you are having lot of fun already. [8D]

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Great work and clean- Install I really like what you are doing !

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Mloffroad , will the 33'' Bf's rub on a stock Ml?
Like can I get them and install them on My ML for the winter on stock suspension without lifting!

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tsanjose - 4/16/2006 3:49 AM

nice job Al...
Thxs buddy...

Thxs to everyone else as well.

Alroumi, you can fit the 33" tires on there but they will rub when you are steering hard left or hard right and they will rub if you have the rear loaded down. I suggest you just get the 32's, 265-75-16 which is plenty.

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430 and 2003 ML55
2,242 Posts
Man, that is looking awesome ! Make sure to post some more pictures after completion....

Also, make sure to run some heavy duty cable from the winch back to the battery via the winch solenoid. An extended pull will take some amps. I used 2 gauge welders cable on my CJ and it is great ! More strands of copper vs. regular battery cable, plus more flexible, plus cheaper. And you can use just the right lugs/heat shrink for the terminals .. great stuff available in 25 ft rolls for about $40.00...Radnor Flex-a-prene #2 welding cable (64003503)from a local company called Airgas

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
springerfever - 4/16/2006 7:07 PM

Man, that is looking awesome ! Make sure to post some more pictures after completion....

Also, make sure to run some heavy duty cable from the winch back to the battery via the winch solenoid. An extended pull will take some amps. I used 2 gauge welders cable on my CJ and it is great ! More strands of copper vs. regular battery cable, plus more flexible, plus cheaper. And you can use just the right lugs/heat shrink for the terminals .. great stuff available in 25 ft rolls for about $40.00...Radnor Flex-a-prene #2 welding cable (64003503)from a local company called Airgas
Thanks for the tip... Ill surely look into that and Ill get some final pics after completion. Ill probably have the winch and everything wired up this coming weekend. Thanks again!

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Looks great! So is it just a little tray there right now?[:p]

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
PURE BEAUTY

I absolutely love how the ML can look like a total autobahn burner as well as a jurassic park extra.

ML Offroad, you have take this to another level!!!!

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
asianml - 4/16/2006 9:32 PM

Looks great! So is it just a little tray there right now?[:p]
Currently it is just an empty winch plate... but it is by no means little or light. It's 1/4" steel plating that weighs about 35-40 pounds. [:0]

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RE: PURE BEAUTY

roadsession - 4/16/2006 9:38 PM

I absolutely love how the ML can look like a total autobahn burner as well as a jurassic park extra.

ML Offroad, you have take this to another level!!!!
Thank you so much for your kind words... I really apprecite it. And yes I do agree that the versatility of the ML is great. I dont think there are many other vehicles that can pull off the number of looks and uses the ML can.

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
MLOffRoad - 4/17/2006 11:56 PM

nice job Al...
Thxs buddy...

Alroumi, you can fit the 33" tires on there but they will rub when you are steering hard left or hard right and they will rub if you have the rear loaded down. I suggest you just get the 32's, 265-75-16 which is plenty.
Are there any tires you reccomend ?

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
alroumi - 4/17/2006 10:33 AM

MLOffRoad - 4/17/2006 11:56 PM

nice job Al...
Thxs buddy...

Are there any tires you reccomend ?

Such as All Terrain offroad or Mud tires ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts