Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2012 C350 Coupe, Palladium Silver,
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put wheels on a Lease and turn it in with them on?

Reason being, these HORRIBLE conti tires keep bubbling and crap. To replace all 4 is like 1200 bucks or something. I'd rather drop 2K on new wheels AND tires.

-H

·
Registered
Departed 1998 SL500 (and the Pano is in Bogota)
11,002 Posts
Just ask your Lease holder. Or keep the old wheels and tires to restore it later.

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Just store the originals till turn in time. Thats what I'm doing

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a plan, except those wheels are kinda dinged up, and I dont' have a garage (I live in SF in a 1br Apt with no parking spot). I'll just have to ask the Lease people. The dealer said it was fine, but I do NOT TRUST MB of SF.

·
Registered
12 Posts
where are you getting 1200 tires from? especially conti?

i got 4, 255/45/18's bridgestone potenza's, mounted and balanced for 900 bucks. and thats not even a great deal either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
dont goto a dealer for tires.

tirerack.com has the best deals on tires, but you have to take them somewhere to have them mounted.

its usually 20 bucks a tire at local garages. and its 40 bucks a tire at the dealer.

now here is the bad part. the dealer will do a better job mounting them in most case.

some local shops will scratch the rims when mounting the tires so it may be worth taking them to the dealer for that part.

if you decide to get new tires, get something with some grip and are soft. track rated tires will improve your ride from a drivers standpoint much better than changing the rims.

·
Registered
2009 C300 Sport & 2010 GLK350
125 Posts
Can I put wheels on a Lease and turn it in with them on?

Reason being, these HORRIBLE conti tires keep bubbling and crap. To replace all 4 is like 1200 bucks or something. I'd rather drop 2K on new wheels AND tires.

-H
Is there an issue with the OEM conti tires, I understand they may not be the 'best' choice but was not aware of 'bubbling' or any other issues. Can you share more info??

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They bubble on mine. 3 tires got bubbles in less than a year, 1 in less than 6 months. Dealer says not covered by warranty.

·
Registered
2008 W204
86 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes 300TE Estate Wagon 3.0L 208K miles Smoke Silver/Cream Beige Tex. and others.
166 Posts
Most unlikely, after you take delivery of a leased car, the selling dealer is funded and they would have to go and redo/recalulate the entire lease, and if you can even get them to do that, which I doubt, it will end up costing WAY more than if you just bought your own wheels and ran them till you turn in the car and keep them and just sell them on ebay if you have no other use for them or sell them here... you will recoup at least 50% of the wheel cost anyway.. if you keep them nice...

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
1,021 Posts
Finished higher than the Vredestein here:
2005 Tire Buyers Guide -Eurotuner Magazine

Never said they were the best performance, but overall including noise and tread life as well as the added bonus of rounded sidewalls for those who like to drop their rides.

Not saying those aren't good tires though. Big thing for me was they didn't have my preferred size for the rear. I run 225/35/19F, 255/30/19R. That and I'm sponsored by Toyo so get killer pricing :D

·
Registered
2008 W204
86 Posts
Hey AZN, I think I did see your car at San Mateo HIN. Nice ride! :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts