Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Supercharged CLk430 street/show car
174 Posts
just wait

Just wait till my car is done no one in the nation will have such an all out clk430!
I was told buy Team ProtoType in LasVegas who did my custom hood that i would lead the industry in the European after market world!

List of mods

Hps Gen 2 upgraded ,thanks to tech-tune and mike
Plugs
wires
e55 airbox
Pte thermostat and spacers
ecu tune
19x9.5 18x8.5 zenneti five star
diamond plate floor mats
custom polished steel gauge bezel back lit blue,blue needle etc
chrome interior trim and shift knob
custom one piece vented hood from Team Prototype
molded on lorinzer body kit
weld on lambo doors
impact strip shaved
custom alternator
front grill with star
blue neons under car and hood inside cabin and trunk
dvd avic n1
jl w7s
jl amps
speakers and components
Ksport ajustable coilovers
H&R sway bars
the car is silver

I might try to get away with nitrous( just a small shot if the engine can handle it) with illuminated blue purge valves in the hood where the windshield washers are
I will be showing pics soon in a month plus when ithe body and paint is finally done.This car is also going to be driven and raced on the street not just posing on a carpet inside and in magazine

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
I wouldn't do that to my car but I can definitely appreciate the hard work and craftsmanship that went into that car.

nastyclk- Any pics of the hood you have? I would like to check out your car since you are local. If you wanna race let me know

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 Cab
565 Posts
I agree with ZEEK... Overall, I think it's a bit overdone. From a spectator point of view it would seem like someone trying to make the car look like something more than it is or is capable of.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 Cab
565 Posts
M-sykes... The only legal (LEGAL) street racing i'm aware of is Grand Prix. They had the Saint Petersburg Grand Prix here last month. That youtube video of Irish Rally Crashes was very entertaining. My favorite is the white car being rearended like a target and then the driver's reaction.

Attachments

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Looks like a riced out civic from the back. I'd never put that on my car.

"Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning."

cue fast and the furious opening music

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
nice find...i actually kinda like it...the hard lines on the front bumper dont flow too well with the rest of the front end but its the best attempt ive seen at a CLK widebody... props on that car and the work

Just wait till my car is done no one in the nation will have such an all out clk430!
I was told buy Team ProtoType in LasVegas who did my custom hood that i would lead the industry in the European after market world!

List of mods

Hps Gen 2 upgraded ,thanks to tech-tune and mike
Plugs
wires
e55 airbox
Pte thermostat and spacers
ecu tune
19x9.5 18x8.5 zenneti five star
diamond plate floor mats
custom polished steel gauge bezel back lit blue,blue needle etc
chrome interior trim and shift knob
custom one piece vented hood from Team Prototype
molded on lorinzer body kit
weld on lambo doors
impact strip shaved
custom alternator
front grill with star
blue neons under car and hood inside cabin and trunk
dvd avic n1
jl w7s
jl amps
speakers and components
Ksport ajustable coilovers
H&R sway bars
the car is silver

I might try to get away with nitrous( just a small shot if the engine can handle it) with illuminated blue purge valves in the hood where the windshield washers are
I will be showing pics soon in a month plus when ithe body and paint is finally done.This car is also going to be driven and raced on the street not just posing on a carpet inside and in magazine
bro he asked what we think about that CLK...not whos CLK is nicer....and not to be a d*ck or anything but u shud be a little more humble lol...that list of mods is not equalling a car thats going to lead the "european aftermarket world".....u did say wait til ur cars done so i hope you got something really nice planned..

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
I think I quite like the body kit...but agree that the wheels need pushing out... It would do wonders for the overall look.

The body kit seems very well put together.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 clk430
91 Posts
nastyclk just be a little more humble about your car there is alot of nice clk's out there not saying yours won't be just as nice but I seen you post that same list in other places kind of like everybody else might as well stop customizing there car because yours will be the best. But please post pics when your done pretty sure everybody will love to see it. Back on topic The work put into it is great just wouldn't want it for myself.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you could chop off 5" to 6" from the bottom of the entire kit all around it so that it wasn't so thick it would probably look OK.

But as is...I don't like it. It is way to much all around. You need some room to lower the car and it is just way to thick from the floor up 6".

And I don't understand why this guy isn't rockin 13" wide wheels if he has a wide body. He has 10 wide wheels...what's the purpose? I've got 19x11.5" wheels right now that I just made and I don't have a wide body just rolled fenders.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you could chop off 5" to 6" from the bottom of the entire kit all around it so that it wasn't so thick it would probably look OK.

But as is...I don't like it. It is way to much all around. You need some room to lower the car and it is just way to thick from the floor up 6".

And I don't understand why this guy isn't rockin 13" wide wheels if he has a wide body. He has 10 wide wheels...what's the purpose? I've got 19x11.5" wheels right now that I just made and I don't have a wide body just rolled fenders.
11.5, pretty F'n impressive.:bowdown: What you got for the front?

·
Registered
Supercharged CLk430 street/show car
174 Posts
pics

I never said my car is better than anyone else nor was trying to insult anyone! I would never disrespect another mans ride,truth is we are all biased when it comes to our babies! I was just trying to give us fellow mercedes enthusiast a little excitement, which is why i get on here most of the time! I just commented on the detail and work I have done is the first time from what I have researched that anyone has done that much to a clk430.Blackbenz I have a few personal pics of the build process and hood but dont want to show any pics untill the body is complete. I custom designed it with team Prototype,the hood alone cost me about 3 grand so i want everything to be perfect before I quote on quote unveil it! I also still need to get my exhaust(magnaflow with deleted resonator probally) and I might switch my cheese grater headlights with newer angel eye projectors(these were the only after market lights available when i got them!It will be done in a month plus!:thumbsup:I would love to meet some local mercedes cars to go cruizin to meets and car shows!
The only wide body in my opinion that looks good is the clk gtr but that is hardly the same car! Beauty is also in the eye of the beholder!

Ps Dey I didnt list all my mods like rotors, brakes, headlights, tail lights, fogs etc I was being some what modest and didnt want to take up a a whole lot of room on someone elses thread!

To anyone who might have been offended Im just excited that after 2 1/2 years my car is almost finished I will be able to drive it again!

Williams are you a Marine stationed over there? Specifically a Recon Marine?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I never said my car is better than anyone else nor was trying to insult anyone! I would never disrespect another mans ride,truth is we are all biased when it comes to our babies! I was just trying to give us fellow mercedes enthusiast a little excitement, which is why i get on here most of the time! I just commented on the detail and work I have done is the first time from what I have researched that anyone has done that much to a clk430.Blackbenz I have a few personal pics of the build process and hood but dont want to show any pics untill the body is complete. I custom designed it with team Prototype,the hood alone cost me about 3 grand so i want everything to be perfect before I quote on quote unveil it! I also still need to get my exhaust(magnaflow with deleted resonator probally) and I might switch my cheese grater headlights with newer angel eye projectors(these were the only after market lights available when i got them!It will be done in a month plus!:thumbsup:I would love to meet some local mercedes cars to go cruizin to meets and car shows!
The only wide body in my opinion that looks good is the clk gtr but that is hardly the same car! Beauty is also in the eye of the beholder!

Ps Dey I didnt list all my mods like rotors, brakes, headlights, tail lights, fogs etc I was being some what modest and didnt want to take up a a whole lot of room on someone elses thread!

To anyone who might have been offended Im just excited that after 2 1/2 years my car is almost finished I will be able to drive it again!

Williams are you a Marine stationed over there? Specifically a Recon Marine?

Is that your car with the wide body?

If so I'm sorry for the criticism.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but i'm loving the rear end of that car. If they had that style available to our CLK's, i would of bought that right now.

overall it's "okay".

1 - 20 of 72 Posts