Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/girls im new to this forum and also pretty new to MB. I just bought a 2006 c230 SS and would like to install a couple subs but im not quite sure on how to do it. I have done other car stereo installations but the c230 seems so confusing. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone would answer these questions as follows:

How do I remove the stock head unit?

Do I need the bose adapter?

How can i run the wires to the trunk without drilling, cutting or any other dangerous modifications?

Is there a stock subwoofer/amp already in the car?

Links to a "How To" or pics to show your custom job would be nice.

p.s i want to do this on my own so please do not tell me to take it to a custom stereo shop, thanks :]

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
I think you need to do a LOT of research...these are not the most simple to upgrade from what I understand...with the amps, controllers, the fiber optics and the drivers...I think most people would recommend a complete replacement before a serious upgrade...
Jake

·
Registered
2 Posts
custom stereo help

i have a 2005 c240 4matic wagon and i had everything factory yanked out and good stuff installed... what i can do is give u the phone number of the shop that did all the work for me and u can ask them whatever u need... they are really cool cats...
i had a sub woofer, component speakers, front passenger under dash dvd player, an ipod connector in the console for the alpine touch screen, a pair of myron davis headrest Tv's installed, an alpine flip out TV in front with built in dvd player, a dash kit for the the flip out tv, 2 alpine amps in the trunk, a playstation 2 and a 2000 watt power inverter installed... these guys were able to run all them cables and what not with out drilling any holes in the car.... its amazing... not to mention everything is bolted down for insurance reasons... they also added a viper car alarm system with a pager and a motion sensor in the car as well... everything in the car looks factory installed... if you want i can take pictures of everything so you can see how it looks...

·
Registered
2005 C230K Sport Coupe 6-speed! And now a 2011 GLK 350 4Matic in Palladium Silver!
1,122 Posts
Show us some pictures? I'm sure you already know the answer to that one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts