Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased as set of Ultra Alpine 402 wheels 17x8, 5x112 bolt pattern with a +32 offset. however I need new custom lug bolts for these wheels to fit on my hubs. The data sheet says I need lug bolts with a 60 Degree Conical Seat. I emailed UltraWheel and the guy told me a 12mmx1.5 thread with an approximate 17mm long tread shank, and to torque these @ 75-85 ft lbs. the problem is that I cant find any lugs bolt @ 12mmx1.5 with an approximate 17mm shank on the internet. I'm beginning to wonder if hes getting 17mm confused with the hex size which is 17mm as well. At radusadirect.com the smallest shank size is 23mm. Would that be the right size? It would be nice to also know how deep the thread holes on my hubs are too. So If I could please get some expert advise that would be awesome.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Do you already have the wheels?

If so, call a couple of tire stores and see if they have an old 60° conical bolt they'll let you borrow so you can buy a set from them.

Then drop it through it from the front. Hold it in the bore from the front, and make a mark (or wrap with tape) a point 3/4" inward/away from the inner mounting surface.

Remove the bolt and measure the distance from the base of the cone (right where the shaft of the bolt begins) to your tape. That is your nominal shank length. You can vary from it a couple of mm either way, but no more.

If it really measures 17 mm, those wheels must be wafer-thin at the hub. And then you'll have to buy the 23s and cut ten of them down for the rear (you'd be okay in the front).

Good luck.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I had the lug bolts that you describe which came with the car that PO installed the lug was 23 mm shank, you won't have problem on the front but on the rear you had to cut/grind off 3-4 threads or 19-20 mm long and try on the rear it should clear the parking brake mechanism. Local tireshop might carry them too.
Hope this help.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts