Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for a company that customises interiors. The only ones I can find are £50k plus, looking for something more affordable if it's out there. Interested in custom interior for Vito or Viano, if anyone knows of anywhere in the UK I would be very grateful if you could post their details and/or recommendations etc - thank you!

·
Registered
2001 Vito 110CDi travelliner
15 Posts
I know there's a guy in north Devon that trims out Transporters but not sure about Vitos or how much he does other than carpeting. There's also a company in Wadebridge Cornwall that does custom interiors called, funnily enough, www.kustominteriors.co.uk/ . Again I don't know what they charge but it's got to be worth a call.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andy, KustomInteriors look really good. Going to get in touch with them and see if they are able to do what I'm looking for. Rather than a campervan conversion I'm looking for a company that offers custom interiors but keeping it as an MPV.

Ideally what I'm looking for is to remove the middle row of seats and then have two separate seats at the back with the tables that come up. I have seen some of the companies that offer £50k min. to do this but I was hoping there would be alternatives for people with lower budgets (much lower budgets lol).

Trying to educate myself and find out what's possible and what isn't, main thing I've learnt so far is that not only do I not have the knowledge to carry out any of the work, I barely have enough knowledge to hold a conversation with people who do have the knowledge! :eek:

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
15 Posts
IF your buying the seats and centre unit I would have a chat with some local garages or local engineers that work on cars. They would be able to do the alterations needed to fit the seats and units for you.
I am planning to remove all the rear seats from mine and build box stands for car front seats to be mounted to and have the front pair of seats rear facing so I can put a table in between the seats for the kids to play games on. I have already bought a 2 screen dvd player and each seat will have headphone sockets built in so they can watch the film without disturbing me with a USB charger point for their other bits to charge on while they are using them. I'm also taking out the front bench seat and fitting Pug 406 front seats (they are so comfortable its rediculous) with a fridge unit in the space between the seats.
I've already added alot of sound proofing in the rear and then the whole lot is getting carpeted. We are going on a road trip next March to Morocco so the kids will need to be entertained while driving down through Spain and back through Spain and France.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds amazing! I will ask around locally and see what I can find in terms of garages or engineers. Failing that I will try some campervan conversion companies and see if it's something they would consider doing it.

Do you know if it's possible to fit swivel type seats for the driver and front passenger seats in these models?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great, thanks so much for all your help. Seems like it's actually quite reasonable to get the parts but imagining the cost of labour will bump things up a bit. Having a look at some seats now, looks like it will be a case of finding some in hopefully good cond or getting them recovered. I thought there would be a lot of companies doing work like this, surprised they are so few and far between.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look for a local upholsters for getting the seats recovered. Any good upholsters will be able to do it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, getting it reupholstered shouldn't be a problem at all, neither should getting some in-car entertainment extras added. Hopefully some local garages will be to do the other mods as you suggested.

Again, forgive the ignorance but do the captains chairs that come in some Vianos have a movable footrest, i.e. so they can recline a bit? The luxury custom interiors offer a 4 seat conversion (inc. drivers and passengers) and one of back seats turns into a fully reclined chair etc. Not looking for it necessarily to be fully 'reclinable' but wondered if it be possible to do this in theory? Can't find individual car seats that do this yet but no doubt there are some out there, just a matter of whether they are within price range!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts