Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup ok i just got a 92 s500 and WOW that car is sweeeet now i just want to add sum little things to it like the bently grill on sum chrysler 300s u see i just wanted to no if any one nos where i can find one or any other grill for the s500, and if there is a site for after market products plz let me no ty

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
There is no 92 S 500, and I have never seen any Bently grills. Of course Taiwan and Korea are out there. The 600 grille looks good!

·
Registered
1996&1997 S600Long
92 Posts
Hi Everybody
It sounds very interesting , and I also have the same idea.
I have just bought my second w140 s600 (It was offered for me for such a good price that I HAD TO buy it.It is a black 1996 model.) and I'm thinking about making it a DIFFERENT w140.
I'm thinking about making a w140 cabriolet , with Chrysler 300C like headlights , and Bentley type grill, some w124 E500 like Fenders( wider but not that really wide).
The Bentley type mesh grill can be bought on Ebay , and with some work you can make that fit. Of course the original s600 grill is great , but I'm sure it will look great with the Bentley grill. My friend made photo montage with that type of grill , and it was cool!
By the way what do you guys think about the W140 Cabriolet??Any suggestions? Pro & Contra?

xxv1toxx send me some pics , if you install a new grill!!

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
hahaha. Your best bet. Take a baseball bat to it, pour some acid on

it to eat away some paint, knife the interior, and slap on some rusted steel wheels with 4 different size tires, and then... apply for MTV's "Pimp My Ride" and get it all done for free. It would be interesting to see what West Coast Customs would do with a W140.

Brett

·
Registered
1996&1997 S600Long
92 Posts
RE: hahaha. Your best bet. Take a baseball bat to it, pour some acid on

Hi Brett
Not a bad Idea to apply for MTV's " Pimp my Ride" , but I' m in Hungary and the chance of being chosen is not too big.
I think the guys at West Coast Custom would do a great Job on a w140, but I don't have the pocket for that.
I want to do this with my friend at his Service and Bodyshop. I have already talked to a car engineer , and some technichians.
I wouldn't say it is already a "project" , because it is still just a "dream", but I will try.
A lot depends on the financial side.
But I would gladly spend 15-20.000$ on this, and then I have an absolutely unique car.
I have seen photos of the upcoming Bentley Cabrio , and that looked great.Big car , classic styling.
I wanted to mention as well , that the costs for the work in Hungary is much less than in the US.
e.g: A big body car like the w140 can be totally repainted for 1000$ or the installation of a Carlsson Bodykit with painting was 300$ for me.
Everyones oppinion is welcome.
Dennis

·
Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
945 Posts
Sounds like a cool idea, but a heck of a lot of work! If you ever get around to doing it, take lots of pictures of it's development [:)]

By the way, your car is a 1992 500SEL . . .

Regards,
Bryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts