Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me, I know that this question has probably been asked dozens of times but I want a meaner sounding kompressor without making it sounding "Ghetto". From what I can see (and please correct me if im wrong) there is the main catalytic converter right under the headers, then there is a second cat under the car followed by a resonator and then the muffler. So far what im thinking about doing is leaving the first cat how it is, replacing the second one with a Magnaflow Hi Flow cat Part #53005, deleting the resonator and placing the 2025i Aero Exhaust. I will put a video on youtube once this is done just to show the end result. My question is this: I am really tempted to replace that first cat with the hi flow, delete everything else down the pipe leaving just the 2025i exhaust at the end. Does anyone know if this is a good idea or should I not even mess with that first cat?

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
The stock cats are not a restriction on the exhaust worth noting. You might start with just deleting the resonator. I think some searching will turn of videos of what that sounds like. Modern cats are very free-flowing. They add a tiny bit of restriction but why risk the chance of failing smog?

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
910 Posts
I wouldn't even mess with the cats...

·
Registered
552 Posts
hey angel! we seem to have had the same problem before. so i experimented diff exhausts. i f you want just sound change the muffler only. keep everything else stock(this is what i ended up doing). at first i had the shop remove just the muffler the i started it up with an open pipe just to get a feel of what it could be. then i told the guy to remove the reso and put a strait pipe joining it to the muffler(too loud for me, sounds JAP TUNER/COW MOO!!!!) last choice was stock reso and a muffler. sounds really badass! really quiet but when you accelerate its really low and aggresive. and when you floor it you'll get this mix of engine and muffler sound that balances everything. ill try to record a clip on my exhaust and post a link. BTW i ended up using a magnaflow muffler.

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thats what i think im going to do...try the muffler first and go from there. I would appreciate a sound clip if possible...that would be awsome!

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
910 Posts
I'm liking the dual exhaust look! Looks pretty sick!

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C230 SS Kompressor
456 Posts
nice roland! our cars sound exactly the same! and look almost the same just diff rims. LOL! almost the same muffler, same color, no tint, front lip, and even height! Good job!
nice man.... post up some pics!! my exhaust sounds a little different now though... what rims do you have??

·
Registered
2005 C230 SS Kompressor
456 Posts
roland man..i need to know that part number...i wanna do that exhaust so bad!!!!! pls help me out man...:crybaby2:.my muffler guy is going to get the first single inlet dual outlet muffler he sees and stick it on.
ill try and find out the part number for you. But if not, magnaflow only makes a couple universal mufflers with single in dual out. The inlet and outlet are close to 2.5" so that should help. The muffler guy also has to do the right side bumper cutout, so make sure he can do it before hand...

·
Registered
54 Posts
ill try and find out the part number for you. But if not, magnaflow only makes a couple universal mufflers with single in dual out. The inlet and outlet are close to 2.5" so that should help. The muffler guy also has to do the right side bumper cutout, so make sure he can do it before hand...
im gonna get my buddy who owns a autobody shop to do it for free..im gonna talk to the muffler guy see where the cutout should be as my bumper is a little different than yours..then ill go to the autobody shop with the tips and get it cut out :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts