Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed these Curtains and they do look ok , more privacy in the back to go on a long Trip shortly ,mainly i installed them for the Kids when they Sleep in the Back ,i just need something for the Rearwindow now ,any suggestions ?
What do you Guys think ,any good .I would have preferd the original W140 Slide up Blinds but 1st they cant be found and 2nd they only cover half the Window .
I know,it reminds me of a Hearse when the Windows are down,lol.Thes Curtains are available either like the once on the Pics belowe (Mesh Fabric) or non See thru wich is like Fabric Cloth Material , i dont think that for a Car the non see thru Curtains should be installed .
Ciao :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
w140 s500 1994,w123 230c, w123 280ce etc
279 Posts
i like them i wanted these for mine over here in the uk god knows why because the suns out for about 2 weeks a year.
where did you get them and are they expensive

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I got them on E'bay Australia , if you try a search in the UK E'bay maybe they have them there to ,here is one of the LInk's in the US .They are pretty cheap but do look nice in the Car ,specialy sitting in the back with the curtains closed ,makes you feel like the real King ,lOl.
Search for "Car Curtain" ,the rear window size of the W140 is 44 cm ,the once i got are Size 38cm but stretch and are a pretty tight fit,i dont know if by installing Size 44cm would be to loose for Wind reasons when you open the Window as they could come undone (Waiving Effect).
I told the Guy who had them to make me a Pair for the Rear Window ,Huge at aprox 140cm Top x 120cm bottom ,see what he can do .
Dont worry for the Sun ,think of the things you can do in Privacy,finally ,lOl. From outside you cant see inside with the window up only the other way,from inside you see outside .
This Link below has a little Video with it , i pay'd 68 AU Dollars for 2 Pairs (= 4 curtains) 2 for each rear Window ,1 gets cut a little bit .
SIDE WINDOW VISOR AUTO CURTAINS SHADE VIP STYLE CAR SUV - eBay (item 310278657834 end time Dec-16-10 19:06:45 PST)
These are the other once in Cloth Material:
BLACK Car Curtain Auto shade Sunshade Valance Large (eBay item 320613622656 end time 05-Jan-11 22:33:00 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

·
W140 Moderator
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here are the oem electric curtains to match
Those are exeptionally nice , if i would have know'n that those exsist i would have taken them instead ,BUT, arent they illegal since they are not see thru ? Wich Part is Electric ,only the Rear Window or all ,even the Side Windows?
You would'nt have a Partnumber for those Electric Curtains would you ?
Thanks for adding them .
Sry to bombard you with so many Questions .............

·
W140 Moderator
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Do you have to order 4 curtains? Do they come in a pair or that is single priced?
Yes, to cover the whole Window,as they are only 50cm wide ,look closely at the Pictures above and in the Pic where the Curtains are closed you can see the Split in the near middle .In 1 Packet of Curtains there are 2 Curtains in it ,inaf to finish off 1 Window ,total Cost is 28 AU Dollars plus 6 AU Dollars Postage so 4 Curtains (2 Packets or 2 Pairs) is 68 AU Dollars postage included ,lol.
If anyone is ordering these make sure that you go for the Larger Size and ask for how High they are ,i found that the Small Size and that 3M sticky Tape is not that good (Small 38cm's high) in our W140's we need at least a 40+ Cm's ,it is a lot a 2cm difference ,it takes of the pressure from the 3M Tape and the Vinyl on the Door where it dosnt stick that easy .I dont care if i ruin my trim as i have a new Spare one and change that quickly if i have to, but you Guys may care more then me .
To secure the Bottom Track i actually had to use Microscrews,3 on each Side that are invisible ,otherwise it peels of standing in the Sun .

·
Registered
1992 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL
135 Posts
Merc S500, Thanks for the reply! I emailed the guy last night around the same time. He replied back asking for the link?? That I didn't understand, I do need to tell him I need it in the largest size right?

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Here are the oem electric curtains to match

Those are nice!! I didn't know those where options on these cars. I thought there was only the Sunshade that comes up from the back. Did your car come with those curtains from factory?

·
3phase-4pole
4,882 Posts
Those are exeptionally nice , if i would have know'n that those exsist i would have taken them instead
yep I agree. and theyre oem :cool:

arent they illegal since they are not see thru ?
as long as you dont cover the front windshield and the 2 front windows its legal

Wich Part is Electric ,only the Rear Window or all ,even the Side Windows?
just the rear windshield part

You would'nt have a Partnumber for those Electric Curtains would you ?
I have it somewhere. let me look for it...

Thanks for adding them .
Sry to bombard you with so many Questions .............
Youre welcome and no worries :cool:

·
W140 Moderator
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Merc S500, Thanks for the reply! I emailed the guy last night around the same time. He replied back asking for the link?? That I didn't understand, I do need to tell him I need it in the largest size right?

Thanks again!!
Hi
What Link would that be ? If you measure the rear side window from the Edge inside you see it comes to 44/45cm's ,the small size Curtains is 38 cm's wich i found to be to much of a strain when you add the curtains to the Tracks , what you need to do is ask the Seller how high are the larger Size Curtains ,i belive that they would be Size cm's 42 so they stretch to aprox 44/55 Cm's but in the descricption it says 44 to 55 cm's so i think that they meant to be a tight (verry thight fit ) .Even that i had to modify the tracks with some added scews and some extra glue ,i'm happy with the way they look ,it looks verry neat and they are not waving from Wind upon opening a window ,i already order'd another 2 (1 each side/half window) for the front just to finish the look off to make it equall,lol.
Here this is the Link where i got mine from .
Car Curtain - Black Mesh Cloth (Small) UV Rejection (eBay item 220707222387 end time 20-Dec-10 14:16:36 AEDST) : Baby

·
W140 Moderator
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as long as you dont cover the front windshield and the 2 front windows its legal
LMAO........

I would love to add the rear once Electric ,since my Car dosnt have the Electric Fold up Blind there ,i have to check about the Rules here in Australia NSW regarding Curtain Laws ,i thing i saw something that they are ilegal here for the rear but m not to sure . That's why i board the see thru once also,at least the driver still gets to see who is on the Beach ,lol.

·
Premium Member
1989 560sec 6.0L AMG & Renntech
2,355 Posts
I installed these Curtains and they do look ok , more privacy in the back to go on a long Trip shortly ,mainly i installed them for the Kids when they Sleep in the Back ,i just need something for the Rearwindow now ,any suggestions ?
What do you Guys think ,any good .I would have preferd the original W140 Slide up Blinds but 1st they cant be found and 2nd they only cover half the Window .
I know,it reminds me of a Hearse when the Windows are down,lol.Thes Curtains are available either like the once on the Pics belowe (Mesh Fabric) or non See thru wich is like Fabric Cloth Material , i dont think that for a Car the non see thru Curtains should be installed .
I just bought the ones for the side windows--what did you use for your rear window?
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Not yet, I just ordered them last night. Two sets are coming from USA and two more from Australia... I hope the shipping won't take too long. I am actually getting very sick and tired of working on my W140. I have driven it all of 60 miles and spent over $6k on parts!!! :mad: I just want it to be drivable!

·
W140 Moderator
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just bought the ones for the side windows--what did you use for your rear window?
Cheers!
Hi
I didnt use anything at the Rear Window yet as i'm hoping that " z168 " will find that Part number .
I did however find at the Autobahn Car Shop some Pull sideways Harmonica Style large Curtains , i did'nt buy them because i dont think they would suit the Car ,if it dosnt look neat i dont take it ,(you know what i mean ,Yes? ) .
When you receive your's make sure to clean the Vinyl/Leather Section where they get Mounted with the 3M Tape that it is extra clean ,free of any Car leather Polish or whatever there could be ,otherwise you will end up using Superglue and Screws (Micro screws, they r better anyway ) .
Another thing is ,when you open the Packet of curtains ,look at the Black Strips ( 4 ) closely , 2 are of a Softer Plastic wich are for the Bend part of the rear windows the other 2 are hard Plastic wich go onto the Bottom of the Window section where there are no Bends ( 1 for the Left rear and 1 for the right rear Window ) ,and dont get confused because i was ,hope you understand this confusion here,:confused: LoL.
Ciao . :thumbsup:

Merc S500, Thanks again. I hope you find out about those electric curtains. :)
Thanks i hope so to , But , :crybaby2:I dont have a Partnumber :crybaby2: Good news is :) that i know i will find it one Day :D Trouble is :confused: When:confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not yet, I just ordered them last night. Two sets are coming from USA and two more from Australia... I hope the shipping won't take too long. I am actually getting very sick and tired of working on my W140. I have driven it all of 60 miles and spent over $6k on parts!!! :mad: I just want it to be drivable!
Wow! Sorry to hear that. Well, once you get everything together, at least you will be able to drive it more, I hope. When my Smog pump went out, I got a bit nervous. Once you fixed what someone neglected or wasn't able to fix, then you should have better performance and be able to enjoy it more.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Hi
I didnt use anything at the Rear Window yet as i'm hoping that " z168 " will find that Part number .
I did however find at the Autobahn Car Shop some Pull sideways Harmonica Style large Curtains , i did'nt buy them because i dont think they would suit the Car ,if it dosnt look neat i dont take it ,(you know what i mean ,Yes? ) .
When you receive your's make sure to clean the Vinyl/Leather Section where they get Mounted with the 3M Tape that it is extra clean ,free of any Car leather Polish or whatever there could be ,otherwise you will end up using Superglue and Screws (Micro screws, they r better anyway ) .
Another thing is ,when you open the Packet of curtains ,look at the Black Strips ( 4 ) closely , 2 are of a Softer Plastic wich are for the Bend part of the rear windows the other 2 are hard Plastic wich go onto the Bottom of the Window section where there are no Bends ( 1 for the Left rear and 1 for the right rear Window ) ,and dont get confused because i was ,hope you understand this confusion here,:confused: LoL.
Ciao . :thumbsup:

Thanks i hope so to , But , :crybaby2:I dont have a Partnumber :crybaby2: Good news is :) that i know i will find it one Day :D Trouble is :confused: When:confused:
Thanks much! I can't wait to get them installed--they look great! I think I'm going to see if I can get somebody over to my shop to install window tint on the car before I put the blinds in. Even tint all around with the blinds sounds like it'd look great!

Cheers!

·
Registered
w140 s500 1994,w123 230c, w123 280ce etc
279 Posts
the OEM part numbers are as follows
rear window left curtain 140 810 21 23 or 140 820 41 23
rear window right curtain 140 820 22 23 or 140 820 42 23
lower rail 140 812 10 27
upper rail 140 812 09 27
upper rail cover 210 695 01 30

curtain left rear door 140 810 27 23