Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the latest map DVD version that is compatible with my '06 COMAND unit? Also, are they still around $275? Looking for best place to get one...

There are just too many new roads out there and it seems I'm always "currently in an area where turn by turn guidance cannot be provided"...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Is this the latest version available? Don't mind purchasing the correct one if the price is reasonable.

·
Registered
370 Posts
v.11 is current – Navteq # U0028-0070-109

Just purchased from my dealer $249

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you know how to make a copy of the Nav DVD disk you should make a back-up copy to use in your car and keep the original in a safe place.
Once you are satisfied the copy works the way you expect it to, you can always sell the original disk on eBay and recover most of the purchase price.
Because most of the Nav disks sold on eBay are hopelessly out of date, anybody offering an original map disk that is current will get between 70% ~ 80% of the purchase price back and since it is an original disk and not a copy you are not violating any eBay terms of service.
This is a great way to keep your maps up to date without going broke.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you know how to make a copy of the Nav DVD disk you should make a back-up copy to use in your car and keep the original in a safe place.
Once you are satisfied the copy works the way you expect it to, you can always sell the original disk on eBay and recover most of the purchase price.
Because most of the Nav disks sold on eBay are hopelessly out of date, anybody offering an original map disk that is current will get between 70% ~ 80% of the purchase price back and since it is an original disk and not a copy you are not violating any eBay terms of service.
This is a great way to keep your maps up to date without going broke.
Good idea...Thanks for tip
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can not hear the turn by turn voice when i set a destination on the nav ,the radio mutes but its not loud is that normal ? I went to settings volume at max and voice is too low !BTW is this nav sys voice activated 2006 e3504matic

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I'm afraid the 06 is Fred Flinstone's special, it didn't get better with a hard drive until 09, so save your breath; its not voice activated.:shit not:
To increase the volume of the turn by turn directions, push the + button (volume up)while the system is talking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts