Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

He's a heartbeat away from the presidency, but that apparently didn't help Joe Biden get a movie ticket Saturday night.

Employees at the Regal Brandywine Cinemas say the vice president-elect and his wife, Jill, tried to attend the 7:45 showing of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" at the theater on Concord Pike but left after they were told the movie was sold out.

There's been no confirmation from the Biden camp, but the theater employees say they are sure it was him.

Inshirah Muhamut, an associate manager, said she closed her box-office line when she saw what appeared to be a Secret Service agent coming her way.

The man asked her about tickets for the movie, which stars Brad Pitt, then left.

A few minutes later, she said, the Bidens came into the lobby.

Jill Biden walked up to speak with Muhamut while Joe stood nearby.

"She was asking me about other shows, but they really wanted to see 'Benjamin Button,' " Muhamut said. "He was maybe five feet away, looking at her. He was standing with his other Secret Service men."

Remarkably, none of the other moviegoers appeared to notice. Employees said nobody mobbed Biden or called his name or asked for an autograph.

"It didn't seem many people recognized him," said employee Becky Gingrich, 21. "Honestly, I think people were just too wrapped up in themselves to notice."

The brush with Biden did give the employees a thrill, though...

Sold-out movie thwarts Bidens | delawareonline | The News Journal

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
If it was Bush, he would have his Gestapo and Storm Troopers occupied the whole theater. All ticket agents would be jailed, janitors would be stripped and humiliated.

Glad common people are standing up to politicians. They are not above the law, much as Bush & Co. wants to make you believe.

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
Joe should spend more time under the tanning lights, it may work in his favor.........

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it was Bush, he would have his Gestapo and Storm Troopers occupied the whole theater. All ticket agents would be jailed, janitors would be stripped and humiliated.

Glad common people are standing up to politicians. They are not above the law, much as Bush & Co. wants to make you believe.
If it were President Bush, I'm sure he would just have those idiots shot!

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
who gives a shit

·
Registered
28,829 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

Non-sequitor? Ticket seller telling a customer that the show was sold out is "standing up to politicians?" How Machiavellian!

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Non-sequitor? Ticket seller telling a customer that the show was sold out is "standing up to politicians?" How Machiavellian!
Asscrack1,
What part you don't understand? The ticket seller could have let him in being Biden IS the VP- elected. He did the right thing by telling Biden him nope instead.

That's it.........judging your shady character, you would have let Biden in wouldn't you?

·
It was fun while it lasted
11,126 Posts

Yeah, maybe, but he'd gotten in to see the movie!:p

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Asscrack1,
What part you don't understand? The ticket seller could have let him in being Biden IS the VP- elected. He did the right thing by telling Biden him nope instead.

That's it.........judging your shady character, you would have let Biden in wouldn't you?
You are making much ado about nothing. Politicizing an everyday event shows more about your character than the ticket seller. Yawn.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts

Have you ever been at a function where President Bush showed up? It actually is quite unobtrusive considering this is the President.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Have you ever been at a function where President Bush showed up? It actually is quite unobtrusive considering this is the President.
Define unobtrusive? Would it be the fourteen cars/SUVs/ambulance/helos or once in the building the twenty-five SS agents pushing a V through the function?

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
You are asking him that question, Bear? I bet you he hasn't or he wouldn't have said it.

I live in Annapolis, which is a stone throw away from D.C. and Camp David. I see more of the elites and their holier than thou attitude in one day more than you do in your life time.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
You are asking him that question, Bear? I bet you he hasn't or he wouldn't have said it.

I live in Annapolis, which is a stone throw away from D.C. and Camp David. I see more of the elites and their holier than thou attitude in one day more than you do in your life time.
But have you ever nearly been run over by Maddy Albright's motorcade while coming out of the Marquis Marriott in NYC? Usually the "you don't want to hit me, the dent in your hood will be bad" look works. It didn't. I moved. She laughed.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
When Tom Ridge used to live in Annapolis, him and his entourage gave aggressive driver a new meaning. His all black GMC convoys would come barring down on anyone that was on Rt 97 and Rt 50 every morning going into D.C. It was a true pain in the ass when those assholes were on the road.

How about getting thrown out of Phillips Seafood Restaurant (the one next to the Naval Academy) because Bush wanted some crab cake for lunch after visiting the Academy? And they made us pay the bills on the street (no dogie bag because they vacate the place so fast you wouldn't know what hit you).

It is hard for people to fathom the shits we have to put up living so close to D.C.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
They showed P.E. Obama's motorcade yesterday morning on the DC news. It was described as only slightly smaller than Bush's. Yes, they move the traffic aside for him. Can't be late to vote "Present" on the Burris issue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts