Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My CD/Radio in the dash acts like it is working fine but there is no sound. None. I took it to Car Toys, a car stereo install store, they said it "may be the amp under the driver seat is bad". They say the amp is married to the deck in the dash and both "may" need to be replaced. Gone are the days of the cheap car stereos. A good in-dash unit that will have backup camera, probably cost around $800 and an amp yet more. Would it work with the car's speakers? Dunno. I'd rather not have to spend $1000 or more to have a working radio in this car. If there was a way to know for sure that the amp under the driver seat is bad, then another (used) one could probably be found..

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You can also go into setting in command and make sure the amp and surround speakers are not turned off. I noticed my car did not have the thump that a harman kardon System should have. Boom the system was turned off in settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
james.calton1
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing