136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes 300E, 106500 original miles
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can just attach them to the doors.
I would if I know they are not cheap pieces of junk. If somebody else tries them with success, I would be happy to do it. They have to screw into something, so I don't want to ruin the inside for garbage. ;)

·
Registered
1990 300 TE 190,000 - Sold - Should have kept it.
104 Posts
This topic always seems to turn into an argument about why these cars didn't come with cup holders from the factory....just screw it in the door and move on. :)
There have been multiple posts on cup holders, I'm sure one of them covers the success and failure of this type of holder.

·
Registered
93 190E 2.3, 94 E320 (sold), 01 E320, 99 S320, 18 Durango
4,978 Posts
For me, I had my car for almost 3 years now and i really didn't think to add the cupholder to it, I like to keep my interior as new as possiable without any coffee spills.
I just wait until I drink whatever I want then drive. :)

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
If you use water bottle just twist on the cap and put behind the seat. problem solved.

·
Registered
1991 300CE-24 Artic Silver
34 Posts
Do a search on this site for cupholders. I found a fella on the web who was selling a plastic console containing 2 cupholders that fits into the open compartment below the handrest. Works like a charm

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do a search on this site for cupholders. I found a fella on the web who was selling a plastic console containing 2 cupholders that fits into the open compartment below the handrest. Works like a charm
Thank you for that, I usually drink taller drinks like waterbottles, and mineral water. So that handrest ain't coming down if I have a drink. I think I am going to order this: eBay Motors: 1998-02 E320 Wagon Rear Cup Holder 210 (item 260242172810 end time May-27-08 10:30:00 PDT)
It looks so sturdy, and I think this will be perfect for what I need. :D

·
Registered
1980 300SD
209 Posts
Yeah there are many different kinds of holders out there. I probably wouldn't buy from a guy who has a feedback rating with only 1 rating in it though. The original seller wants a lot more for it eBay Motors: MERCEDES CUP CUPHOLDER WAGON W210 E320 E430 REAR BLACK (item 320160662201 end time Jun-16-08 05:54:47 PDT)
Maybe this one is broken?

When you screw it into the plastic, wherever you mount it, just be sure you don't tighten the screws beyond the point where the holder seats against the mount point. Screws strip out of plastic pretty easy. I also wouldn't trust it over my leg with scalding hot coffee!

·
Registered
1980 300SD
209 Posts
Also, maybe you missed it but the 300e has some amazing cupholders already. Just lower the glovebox lid and right there is a little tray. It's so well designed!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah there are many different kinds of holders out there. I probably wouldn't buy from a guy who has a feedback rating with only 1 rating in it though. The original seller wants a lot more for it eBay Motors: MERCEDES CUP CUPHOLDER WAGON W210 E320 E430 REAR BLACK (item 320160662201 end time Jun-16-08 05:54:47 PDT)
Maybe this one is broken?

When you screw it into the plastic, wherever you mount it, just be sure you don't tighten the screws beyond the point where the holder seats against the mount point. Screws strip out of plastic pretty easy. I also wouldn't trust it over my leg with scalding hot coffee!
Ok, seriously what is wrong with that stealership [using 2Phast's term, haha!]? They had two different colors listed for 9.99 + 7.00 shipping. Both auctions closed nobody bidded on them. I emailed them to ask how much for two black ones, and they said they would send them both USED for 50.00 shipped!!!! They are out of their minds, I found it online new $14.99+ 5.00 shipped a piece! That is a heck of a mark-up!

Thank you for the advice, I am thinking lower, and drilling two holes in the storage area in the bottom of the car's door in the plastic. I've literally spent hours debating where to put it! That way I can use small nuts and bolt them on for stability. I usually have some bottled water, so I am not too worried over coffee or slamming the door. :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, maybe you missed it but the 300e has some amazing cupholders already. Just lower the glovebox lid and right there is a little tray. It's so well designed!
I noticed that. LOL, as long as the car isn't moving, it could be ok! I wouldn't expect German engineering to recognize the fact I needed a ton of space in the glove compartment box for girly things. It's just a unspoken rule.

·
Registered
1980 300SD
209 Posts
Poor mans cupholder = drill out the divets in the glove box door. HAhahaa

Yeah, by the lower door storage would be good! Well, I hope you get them. They look cool.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Poor mans cupholder = drill out the divets in the glove box door. HAhahaa

Yeah, by the lower door storage would be good! Well, I hope you get them. They look cool.
Aw, thanks Rob! I plan on getting those bad boys!

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
That's a nice color mojito. don't see alot of those. welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a nice color mojito. don't see alot of those. welcome to the forum.
Even harder to find any outer parts in any junk yard with this color, that I need to replace.

Thank you so much Alexatt! It's great to be here amongst other Mercedes fans.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, as far as recommendations go for good cupholder sellers. People should check this website out, I just bought two [German] Fischer Ultimate Cupholders, they were already sent out WITH a tracking number within two hours!! Also, you're not screwed with shipping charges, two cups= $5.00.

Fischer Cup Holder $14.99 - Ultimate Cupholders - Cup holders for 5 Series and 7 Series BMW, Z4, Porsche Boxster / Porsche 911 996, Mercedes, Audi, Acura NSX and other fine cars. The ultimate cup holder / cupholder!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts