Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1984 MERCEDES-BENZ 300 TURBO DIESEL, 1978 CHEVROLET K20 CUSTOM DELUXE
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am wondering if the w123 ever came with cup holders. if not what is a good aftermarket or from a different model benz::confused:

·
Registered
1981 W123 300D non turbo, 1992 190E 1.8 <=> 2.0
6,561 Posts
A well documented topic - Mercedes Source now sell them but as far as I know chad300td was the first to start making them.

·
Registered
1984 MERCEDES-BENZ 300 TURBO DIESEL, 1978 CHEVROLET K20 CUSTOM DELUXE
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i found it, cool, thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
cup holder

Hello, i am wondering if the w123 ever came with cup holders. if not what is a good aftermarket or from a different model benz::confused:
i picked up a screw clamp type from BED BATH AND BEYOND for $12. I clamped it in my center console and it holds two drinks . NOt perfect but works for my morning joe.

·
Registered
1985 300D Turbo
589 Posts
I made a surprisingly not-so-ugly cup holder. Bought 2 poker table cup holders off of ebay for like $4. Took an old ikea cutting board and cut it to size. Shellaced it 8 times with amber shellac. Drilled two 3 inch holes. Used some gorilla glue and cork bottle tops to get the height placement.

Now I just need to figure out how to make the shellac not melt in the car. haha

·
Registered
1979 240D
66 Posts
Your stock cup holders are in your glove box... the door that swings down has two little indentations that are for cup holders they don't work well on turns and stopping and going but for the long trips they work quite nice.

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,157 Posts
Your stock cup holders are in your glove box... the door that swings down has two little indentations that are for cup holders they don't work well on turns and stopping and going but for the long trips they work quite nice.
About as useful as tits on a boar.

·
Registered
1979 240D
949 Posts
About as useful as tits on a boar.
Pretty much. I wouldn't trust those to hold change, much less a drink. Here's what I use, slips between the console and the passenger seat and even holds a 7-11 Double Gulp just fine. I picked it up at Walmart for a few dollars.

·
Registered
1972 280 SEL 4.5 (sold) 1971 280 114 Coupe (sold) 1988 300 SE 2005 jag XK8
2,218 Posts
I got a cup holder from an insulated bicycle fanny pack type bag that attached to the handle bars. The cup holder had a 3/4 inch rim around it at the top. Then I cut the arm rest vinyl in a circle and removed the necc. foam to push in the cup holder after coating the outside of the holder with black RTV silicone. I drove with the arm rest always down so it was at the right area to access. This was on a 123 Coupe and it worked for 3 years up till I sold it.

·
Registered
2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK250 Bluetec, 1981 Mercedes-Benz 300D W123
600 Posts
I have been thinking about purchasing the cup holders that Mercedes Source started to offer. Then recently, I went to place my order and they were gone from their website.

I then emailed Mercedes Source and received the following response:
Hi Seth

the guy who was custom making them for us disappeared along with our money :(

so unfortunately there will be no more upholders

kaia

Anyone know who actually makes them still and sells then?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts