Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a G55 AMG.
Is driver's cup holder standard item on this vehicle?
You know, the one that clips on the center console?
my sales guy is saying that it is an accessory item that I need to purchase seperately and not part of the standard equipment.
Are you kidding me? on this vehicle? wow.
I just wanted to confirm with you experts.

help.

·
Registered
03 G500
387 Posts
It SHOULD be standard. Whether or not it is standard, if he wants to make a sale he needs to get you one. In fact, he also needs to throw in rubber floor mats and a cargo mat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the car already. so the bargaining chip ain't there anymore.

I had no idea about the cup holder when I bought the car.
(well, I still don't have any idea whether it's standard or option)
only when I read through the manual, I noticed the little notch is for that purpose and realized that it was missing.
Now the sales guy is saying the cupholder is add-on accessory.
the passenger side cupholder(?) (the one made with net) is there.
driver one is the one missing.

the vehicle has the designo interior so it's got matching floor mats and trunk mat already. so that's covered...

when you bought your truck, did the cup holder come with it?

·
Registered
03 G55
178 Posts
The salesman is feeding you a line. You can visit the MBUSA website, and spec out a new G, when you get to the packages/options for it, it states 'This vehicle is equipped with all available equipment as standard. No additional packages or options available.' Sure you can order rubber mats, cargo organizers, valve stem caps, etc, but, the only options on a new G in the US are color choices.

Sounds like they don't want to pony up the 200 or so bucks to replace something they've lost.

EDIT: If you navigate to the specs on a G550/G55 and drill into the Exterior/Interior Features list on www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/explore/specs/class-G/model-G550 you can see the following:

Attachable cupholder on center console. Collapsible cupholder adjacent to console.

·
Registered
2004 G500, 1988 BMW M3, 1991 Honda Nighthawk 750
32 Posts
Front cupholder was absent from mine also when I bought it used. Mine's a 2004...never got the definitive whether it was an "option" at the time or not. Though there are times I wouldn't mind having it, it does seem to be an an awkward position, especially if you have a passenger, so I actually prefer the extra space and either use the coin holder area, or backseat cupholders for holding cups :)

·
Registered
1993 600 SEC, 2001 G500
119 Posts
I had the same issue. I was able to purchase a cupholder from the dealer for about $170.00. I thought the price was outrageous for a cupholder, especially since it was obviously an afterthought. I think that the suits at Daimler in Germany probably frown upon the fat cat Americans wanting cupholders all over their vehicles. But the cupholder is made in Austria of metal and leather. It is easy to bang into and seriously looks out of place.

·
Registered
G500, Unimog 2450, Pinzgauer 712M
615 Posts
Definitely standard equipment on all USA Gwagens. Your salesman is full of it.

·
Registered
1978 Chevy Chevette "Sandpiper"
19 Posts
Salesman flat-out LIED.
The cup holder has always been standard. Ask to speak with the General Sales Manager, it should end right there.

If not:
1- Get the name and number of the Market Manager for that dealership.
2- Tell him what happened
3- He will contact the GSM and take care of this ***hole salesman
4- He will then tell you that your cup holder is on the way (no charge)
5- You should finally get an apology from the Dealership.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts