Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been in high end MB's where you simply push down on the cup holder(in front) and it completely rises and opens. Mine however rises but must be tugged slightly to open. Is this normal, an old spring mechanism, or a result of a Starbuck's Mocha Java mishap? Car is 99 clk320. Thanks!!

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
Mine get stuck to...as does almost everybody elses. Get it replaced by the warrenty or take the whole assembly out and lube it. WD40 will do, but it's temporary as it washes away the regular lube. Get some grease and that should do the trick.

I guess it's just a bad design...so get used to tugging it.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm gonna use some litheum grease and see what happens. Dude, where is Bloomington?

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
str8ridin - 4/25/2005 3:54 PM

Not too far from you...bout 1.5 hour down 55. I'm up in Chi-town quite a bit..my fiance lives on Foster and Lincoln. Where you at?
Grew up at Clark & Fullerton, now live in Park Ridge but I work in Tinley park!!!!! I drive 100 miles a day 6 days a week lol!

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
its a piece of crap, i broke and replaced mine 3 times before deciding to take it completely out and use it as one big cup holder. it now fits larger bottles like gatorade bottles and now tall bottles def dont tip over anymore

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Popped it out. Soaked it in hot soapy water. Dried it and applied lithium grease and guess what? Still don't frickin work.
If I ever hook up hydralics to this 'ho I'm gonna run a pressure tube to that biatch!!!!
While I'm at it here are some other manufacturing flaws I noticed:
-You have to put the car in gear to remove the ashtray.
-There is no light near the ashtray so it's hit or miss.
-The turning signal stick is like 2 miles away from the steering wheel, bad for us one handed drivers( I've got 2 I just drive with 1).
-The headlights look like a '78 AMC Pacer.(cant wait for those trims to come)
-The grille looks like an old refrigerator shelf.(cant wait for the new grille to come)
-The rear seat will only accomodate double amputees.......But other than that....I LOVE THIS GODDAMN CAR!!!
I pulled into the Speedway(with all its bright flourecent lighting) for a cup of coffee for the ride home last nigt. And my shit looked SWEET!
And although I may get banned from this forum for saying it. I'm starting to like the factory rims....They look like sterling silver in that light. Any one ever do a overhead suspended shoplight install on there car? heh heh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts