Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Crystal Clear Corners?

1495 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  ackvig
Has anyone ever seen these on a W140? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33717&item=2442755254 I like them alot, but how well would they match up to the headlights. I KNOW the frosted clears would? An ML gives a hint of what it would look like, but their headlights are crystal clear as well. Opinions?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1997 S600 - Bentley Turbo R (black/black)
313 Posts
lights

i was told its better to get bosch lights such as the clear corners, and not to buy cheap and not perfect fitting lights..like the ones at www.bekkers.com

But its your decision .

good luck

ghost

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Has anyone ever seen these on a W140? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33717&item=2442755254 I like them alot, but how well would they match up to the headlights. I KNOW the frosted clears would? An ML gives a hint of what it would look like, but their headlights are crystal clear as well. Opinions?
Ackvig,
These lights will not match up your headlights. They may look more flashy. Second, they may have a serious fitting problem.

I go with Bosch, but its your call.

///S320

· Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True enough. I just missed a bid on some 97ish OEM corners, which are good enough for me. ...

True enough. I just missed a bid on some 97ish OEM corners, which are good enough for me. I actual have one '97 and one '93 yellow in now. I'll just wait for another 97ish OEM and call it a day.

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
Re: True enough. I just missed a bid on some 97ish OEM corners, which are good enough for me.

True enough. I just missed a bid on some 97ish OEM corners, which are good enough for me. I actual have one '97 and one '93 yellow in now. I'll just wait for another 97ish OEM and call it a day.
The Ebay description is misleading. The W140 in europe never had these lens so they cant call it the euro look.....maybe the Jap look but definately not the euro look.

They will make your car look more honda/toyota like, if thats what you want to achieve then buy them

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
Heinous

Those are truly heinous. Install them for immediate aesthetic destruction of your S-class machine. Step 12 paces away from car (for LWB) (or 10 for SWB) for visual proof of your decision.

Those are not Euro look either. The look is not so much Japanese, as it is Oldsmobile, from the mid-late 90s Aurora. The look maybe a aftermarket ricer look put on by several Civic riders in Calif, but in general Toyota is a very conservative company, and makes some truly nice cars, like the Lexus LS400 ;). Honda sux with their mostly FWD lineup, and tin box quality.

The lights by Bosch (See ///S320's car) are the best. I want to change mine too, but just can't justify the cost of the unnecessary switch since my originals are in perfect condition.

The Ebay description is misleading. The W140 in europe never had these lens so they cant call it the euro look.....maybe the Jap look but definately not the euro look.

They will make your car look more honda/toyota like, if thats what you want to achieve then buy them

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Re: Heinous

... I want to change mine too, but just can't justify the cost of the unnecessary switch since my originals are in perfect condition.
I have a cricket bat ..

(Just kidding, just kidding. Cant even think of that in my worst nightmare.[;)][;)] )

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
Re: Re: Heinous

///s320
Hear, hear! Guessing you are an American, I would have thought you would be armed with a Baseball bat, you Babe Ruth, you. Instead we have the legendary Don Bradman amongst our midst.

Hey W140gill, Remember Geoff Boycott and Viv Richards? They were the greatest batsmen of my time. Cricket has lost its charm since then, I think; the glory days are over.

[:D]
I have a cricket bat ..

(Just kidding, just kidding. Cant even think of that in my worst nightmare.[;)][;)] )

· Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Heinous

Those are truly heinous. Install them for immediate aesthetic destruction of your S-class machine. Step 12 paces away from car (for LWB) (or 10 for SWB) for visual proof of your decision.

Those are not Euro look either. The look is not so much Japanese, as it is Oldsmobile, from the mid-late 90s Aurora. The look maybe a aftermarket ricer look put on by several Civic riders in Calif, but in general Toyota is a very conservative company, and makes some truly nice cars, like the Lexus LS400 ;). Honda sux with their mostly FWD lineup, and tin box quality.

The lights by Bosch (See ///S320's car) are the best. I want to change mine too, but just can't justify the cost of the unnecessary switch since my originals are in perfect condition.

Whoa! I was with ya all the way ChaChad, UNTIL you made the Honda comments. I don't know what kind of Hondas they sell over there, but they are probably the same kind I been driving here in the US for the past 10 years. I JUST traded my old beat up '92 Legend on a '92 190E (I keep the wife in the W140). Look, I LOVE Mercedes and the TRADITION of Mercedes, but the reliabilty of Europes finest cars has yet to rival the Japanese. Honda/Acura's are solid and are built to last. Mercedes are solid and are built to last. But it's the little runs to the shop in the mean time that I've noticed are the main difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.