Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
G55, LM002, H1,
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where else can one acquire these?
I would order them from autoblz.com, but they don't even list a phone number. Makes me feel uncomfortable.

Thanks for your time...

http://www.autoblz.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=86

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
I believe there are two basic types, the [regular] clear one and the crystal clear one. Pick whatever fits your desire. The crystal clear one seems to match better with the xenon headlights and the [regular] clear one matches better with the non-xenon headlights. They both look fine. You might need to buy both because you might like them both [:p]

·
Registered
1997 SL500 LE
43 Posts
Hi, Pigz. Nice car. Are those headlight covers standard or are they after-market as well? They look much clearer than mine. I would like to get the clear ones if possible bc I have just ordered the clear corners and I want them to match. BTW, does anyone know if it is illegal to replace the rear taillight covers (red) with black. There is a German mfr. that supplies these. I have a Magma Red 500SL and I thought it they look pretty cool, but not if a State Trooper was gonna be permanently attached to me as a result. Loss of driving privileges=NOT GOOD!!!

·
Registered
2006 SL500
144 Posts
I've seen the tail lights that you are referring to.

Black rear tail lights are extremely illegal and would be very dangerous at night.

The only good use for those would be a temporary application like a car show.

·
Registered
'92 500SL & '99 S320
45 Posts
I need to get some clear blinkers too. How easy are they to install and what's the procedure?

Thanks

·
Registered
SL 600
45 Posts
Anarchy333 - 5/7/2005 6:22 PM

I need to get some clear blinkers too. How easy are they to install and what's the procedure?

Thanks
One in, one out.

Open bonnet (hood) & slide your hand up the outside of the light compartment, you'll find a sping lever which is for dislodging the indicator housing, it removes from the front of the car. Just twist the light holder at the rear of the indicator once it's removed, do the reverse to install, there are 2 guide slots to help you align the install.

Your done!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts