Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to this site and I am very grateful for all the help that I have received thus far.
I have a 1979 450 SLC VIN 107-024-24 023478 that I want to use as an every day car. In that, I am willing to invest some money to make it at least beat all the red lights on the way to the train station in the morning...

I am looking for some cruse control posts in this forum and I keep getting this msg when I try to do a search.
“Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.”
“Please push the back button and reload the previous window.”

If I can get past this msg I think I'll be ok. Can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,109 Posts

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Member NascarFan did a write up on replacing the MB cruise with a modern aftermarket unit which looked like a good idea to me.

BTW. Now that I think of it... where has Charlie gone????

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
1. Inspect all fuses. Check and verify that speedometer is working correctly. If not, have that repaired first before checking cruise control.

2. Check operation of brake lights. Both brake light bulbs must illuminate when brake is operated and both bulbs must be of the correct wattage.

3. Back probe the cruise control amplifier using a Digital Multimeter to check inputs. Switch key on. Test power feed to cruise amplifier at pin 5 Red wire from fuse F10 (8A) Battery voltage (B+), . Test ground at pin 12 Brown wire.

4. Test switch input to pin 8 Grey wire, B+ with switch in 'ON' position.

5. Test switch input to pin 10 Blue wire, B+ with switch in 'Resume'.

6. Test switch input to pin 4 Yellow wire, B+ with switch in 'Decel set' position.

7. Test switch input to pin 9 Green wire, B+ with switch in 'Accel set' position.

8. Test input to pin 8 Black/Red wire with brake depressed, 9-12v.

9. Test input to pin 11 Green/White wire through vehicle speed sensor, a pulsed signal at approximately 20 mph+ should be present. The vehicle can be operated on a lift or on jack stands to test.

10. Test for voltage between pin 3 Black (+) and pin 7 Brown/Black with vehicle moving above 20 mph and 'Set' switch applied. If no voltage is present, and all inputs test OK, replace cruise amplifier.

11. If voltage is present (3-12v) but servo doesn't move, replace it.

Only bad thing is you might need a helper.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Cruise control 560SL - jerking speed

I have tried to found a wrinting from this forum about fluctuating/jerking Cruise CRTL speed.

My 560SL gets easily jerking cruise speed when the car gets over the hill and the engine switch to braking side. Speed becames fluctuating and the driving is far from comfortable.

I have already re-soldered all the amplifier components and cleaned the solenoid.

What might be the cure?

- all new Cruise Amplifier condensators?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I have tried to found a wrinting from this forum about fluctuating/jerking Cruise CRTL speed.

My 560SL gets easily jerking cruise speed when the car gets over the hill and the engine switch to braking side. Speed becames fluctuating and the driving is far from comfortable.

I have already re-soldered all the amplifier components and cleaned the solenoid.

What might be the cure?

- all new Cruise Amplifier condensators?
Try the test I gave you first.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
OK and thanks - I have alredy copied that comment to MS Word...

Have you ever seen these jerking/fluktuating Cruise Controls before?

BR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts