Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.... My name is Bogdan and i come from SLOVENIA. I joust bought myself VERY GOOD CAR. It is W202 C-class 280 Elegance 1994... It is as good as NEW.. I bought it from an older man (85), and he was the 1-st owner. Now i am THE SECOND!! The car has ONLY 100.000 km , and it has NO MISTAKES... VERY VERY good car.. I did not now, that the C-class is SO GOOD. I still cannot believe what kind of car did i bought myself. The 1-st owner payed 115.000 ex- DEUTSCHE MARK or today probably around 45.000 euro. IT IS WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY.. But, i have ONE PROBLEM!! I dont have CRUISE CINTROL in my car... The car has ALMOST EVERYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE, but it doesnt have CRUISE CONTROL.When i went to our dealer of Mercedes, they told me that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to put CRUICE CONTROL on my car... They told me, that my computer doesnt have some program INSTALLED, so the cruise control cannot be fitted in..WHY????? WHY??? I have AUTOMATIC GEARBOX!!!! WHY IT CANNOT BE PUTTED IN??? Is there ANYBODY HERE, that could helped me SOLVE THIS PROBLEM???

Thank you very mouch...

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Was cruise control a factory option ?

I know that 1999 W202 comes with speed control and cruise control with the steering wheel buttons also.

Maybe you need to modify the car.

Change sterring wheel, change cluster and then program new functions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi mate, I think cruise control is an intregated and complicated program not just a simple wire connection to an automatic gearbox, it has big responsibility for the safety issue and unfortunetly your 1995 c class wasn't designed for it and you can't simply install as an adds on feature. It does apply to all cars not just mercedes, hope this can explain your WHY[?] question.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Patz - 4/26/2005 3:12 PM

Hi mate, I think cruise control is an intregated and complicated program not just a simple wire connection to an automatic gearbox, it has big responsibility for the safety issue and unfortunetly your 1995 c class wasn't designed for it and you can't simply install as an adds on feature. It does apply to all cars not just mercedes, hope this can explain your WHY[?] question.
The speed control function is a component of speed pulse, engine control unit and tranmission functions.

If he does a facelift of the car (1999 makeover) in the steering and cluster - wont that CANbus function then allow him to activate cruise control functions ?

As I understand it in my newer W203 the speed control function needs the newer cluster.

In the case of American cars you dont have speed limiter - this can also be added if cruise control can exist.

I dont know the answer but I think it is worth checking with Steve @ www.mbenznl.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello..... THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your answers... Now i understand WHY thi cannot be putted in... Yes, my car COULD HAVE CRUISE CONTROL, but not as an EXTRA OPTION.. The only way, how can i put this in WAS before the car was made or. before car CAME to our dealer.. Cruise control can be putted in ONLY BY MERCEDES FACTORY in STTUTGART, nobody else...

Thank you again for your help...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts