Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a road trip this past weekend and noticed that my CC does not work anymore.... Also noticed that i was out of warranty by the time i made to a dealer so i didnt stop.... My question is this....kinda dumb but thought i would ask.... I have switched my rims froms 17's to 19's and went to a 265 30 rear and 245-35 front.. Is there any way that this would affect the CC?<br> <br> Thanks<br> Shawn

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Switching wheels shouldn't although your front tires are really wide..

Try doing a reset of the computer. It's in your manual.<br> <br> Then do this reset :<br> Start car. Turn wheel fully counter clockwise then clockwise. I don't remember if it's counter first then clockwise so try both one at a time. This will reset some error codes as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
when my CC quit on my SLK, the dealer found it to be loose connections in wiring...nothing major.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
BTW - at least in the SLK, the CC uses the same signals as the ASR...you might want to check that to

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same problem Shawn!

It's your tire width, they aren't compatible. You probably can use the CC up to 55MPH, but it shut's down after that right? Kind feels like you are breaking for no reason... Change the tires!

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Re: I had the same problem Shawn!

Chang the front or the rear tires....<br>
<br>
you cant turn it on and it will work for like 2 seconds then it just starts slowing down.... It blows my mind that a 245 would cause that... if i got to 235 will the CC work again?

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
i got 265/35/18's, no wonder my CC's not working.....will these tires cause any permanent damage....

to the car?? or when i change back to the recommended, the CC should be OK.....thx

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Re: i dont understand why it does not work.......

Hell my 96 Jeeps CC workes and it has 33's tires with 9' of lift under it... CC still works fine...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts