Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1984 380se
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I figured out why my cruise control doesnt work. The silver amplifier box doesnt exist. the connectors are just hanging there. There is a 420 SEL at the yard that I took the box out of. the black box on the side of the silver box (relay?) doesnt match up with one of the plugs. I'm assuming its different? a little direction would be great. I also picked up a cap and rotor off that car (1987) that was new for like 4$. someone could have it for free...doesnt fit my car.

·
Registered
1990 420sel
324 Posts
The other box that you are speaking of is the seat belt warning relay. A new one costs around $70, I got a used one for $30 shipped from buybuyparts.com. Have you tried the cc amplifier in your car yet? I'm not sure that the 87 will work in yours.

·
Registered
Mercedes 420 SEL
617 Posts
Digital K said:
so I figured out why my cruise control doesnt work. The silver amplifier box doesnt exist. the connectors are just hanging there. There is a 420 SEL at the yard that I took the box out of. the black box on the side of the silver box (relay?) doesnt match up with one of the plugs. I'm assuming its different? a little direction would be great. I also picked up a cap and rotor off that car (1987) that was new for like 4$. someone could have it for free...doesnt fit my car.

Why do they take out the box? I have the same issue with my car (not that I ever use cruise control). I just don't like seeing those wires sitting there.

If you do hook up the box, is that all that goes there? Anything else thats needed. The guy I bought the car from said something about a 'transducer'.

Anyway, let me know if that junkyard piece works for you.

TIA

·
Registered
86 560sec-168K -Ext. Light Ivory/Int. Black/01 E320 4Matic Wagon Brl Silver/Black/ Mad '95 Q45
852 Posts
Digital K said:
it didnt seem to work :( my switch is sloppy though....
thats my question i have a sloppy switch ??

·
Registered
1991 300SE
1,435 Posts
Usually, a sloppy switch will be the problem to your CC not working right. (very delicate inards inside that little guy!) That, and the solder connections on the amplifier being "broke". (resoldering them cures that problem) I had to buy another CC switch for the 190. Costs me about $25 new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts