Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'94 C280 US Spec
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after rolling on the 18" a few weeks, I noticed better fuel economy 10l/100km, which is weird but I noticed the cruise control isn't working.
When I push up for Accel, I can feel it just sort of nudge and it doesn't continue on the same speed.
What could've gone wrong?
Is there any way to reset it?

Btw: what is the number menu thing on the A/C when I press Rest for a few seconds?
And is there any way of changing miles to km and °F to °C on the dash?

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
>>I noticed better fuel economy 10l/100km<<

Just curious whether you factored in any difference in circumference in your calculations.

Are you getting any ABS errors? I believe those would disable cruise. Also, are you sure your outer circumference for all of your tires/wheels is the same? If they are different, they will report a variation to the ABS/ESP computer and cause problems (it would see the wheels as moving at different speeds).

·
Registered
387 Posts
I noticed better fuel economy 10l/100km
I always thought bigger wheels need more power/fuel, I guess your new wheels are lighter than the original ones.

About the cruise control, I think it's like xvvvz said.
Different wheel sizes makes the computer think that the wheels are slipping.
Check your instrument cluster lights, they might have failed or taken out by a previous owner, in that case U don't see ABS error lights...

·
Registered
'94 C280 US Spec
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, that's it. The front tires are 225/35 and rear 225/40. Thank goodness I bought the rear tires for a few bucks, when I kill em I'll buy the same as front.
Regarding the fuel economy - the original Benz 15" seemed very light to me, I think it may have been the winter tires that resulted in 12l/100km.

·
Registered
1994 C220 (W202) Classic and 1998 C240 (W202) Elegance
342 Posts
I remember reading something on how to change from Miles to KM and degree F to degrees C. I'll have a quick search for it and see if I can post a link for you. (It might have been in my owners manual or workshop manual - I can't remember)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts