Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1977 450SL
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next project on the list is the cruise control. Have been hunting the clip that attaches the end of the cable to the throttle linkage. Searched EPC but cant seem to find it.
Anyone have the part number for this clip or is it something that comes on the cable and has desintegrated?
Thanks

Attachments

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,318 Posts
No luck here. I checked the 380 and I guess it has a different system. No cable. Sorry.

·
Registered
1977 450SL
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rowdie. I found the cable on the EPC and it showed as available when I put it in the cart on Parts.com. Just not sure if there is a clip I am not able to find that connects it to the linkage.
Cable was only 24.00

·
Registered
1978 450SL--117K
1,374 Posts
Umm. where is that pic? I mean what are you looking at and where? I will check my 450 for you in the morning.

Of course, I may not have a cable at all. The tempomat does not work, so I haven't bothered with it yet as it is small potatoes at this point.

·
Registered
1977 450SL
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Umm. where is that pic? I mean what are you looking at and where? I will check my 450 for you in the morning.

Of course, I may not have a cable at all. The tempomat does not work, so I haven't bothered with it yet as it is small potatoes at this point.
It is near the firewall on the passenger side of the fuel distributor on the bottom of the bracket where the accelerator linkage turns 90 degrees.

Thanks

·
Registered
1978 450SL--117K
1,374 Posts
Grady--Mine doesn't really look like yours. I have a cable there and there is a clip on the end--that was not attached to the little bracket (no surprise) but it is there, not sure if you can see it in the pics. It is round and would appear to push in to the bracket there--it is part of the cable.

Attachments

·
Registered
1978 450SL--117K
1,374 Posts
"part of the cable" That is what I was suspecting. The end on mine has desintegrated away.
I am going to order the new cable and hope it is still in stock
Thanks for taking the time to look buddy :thumbsup:
No problem--sorry I was late on it.

Heh--now I know what it was supposed to do. So much of my car was "disconnected" or shut down, I have no idea what some of the stuff under the hood is for because it isn't doing anything or it isn't connected to anything. But it runs well--now that I have closed off or otherwise fixed a slew vacuum lines. I guess I should say that it ran well before, but runs better now.

Good thing I live in a state that gave up on emissions test in general, but never tested anything over 30 years old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts